$500 Ethernet Cable !

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by adm62, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adm62

adm62 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I like that you can save a dollar, if ordered from Amazon. Nice batch of customer reviews, as well.

3. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

I was wondering what I should do to start making some extra money...looks like cable manufacturing is where it's at!

4. adm62

Yes, some of the reviews are hilarious. Someone from Denon should be asked to justify this price.

5. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Don't laugh, after market cables-regardless of price- do make a difference!
    Always start w/ an upgraded power cable, then proceed from that point...

6. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

:agree: Some of the reviewers should be invited to join this Forum. The reviews are wild. :righton:

7. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I think many Forum members (including me) would agree with you as to cables and interconnects carrying analog signals. Some might agree with respect to interconnects carrying digital signals from high quality CDPs or transports. However, I think you would find fewer Forum members who would spend big dollars for an ethernet cable.

8. Koptapad

Koptapad Forum Resident

I like this part of the product description.....

"fluoropolymer material with superior heat resistance, weather resistance, and anti-aging properties"

Oh, you mean Teflon?

9. adm62

:)

I like the directional arrows

10. Watchman66

Watchman66 New Member

The customer reviews are the best. Very well done...

11. phish

phish Jack Your Body

(devil's advocate)

has anyone tried this cable to test it's performance?

12. P2CH

P2CH Well-Known Member

Those reviews are hillarious! They could be writing some other terrific stuff with their supreme intellect.

13. adm62

14. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I like the one about the music playing backwards if you hook the cable up in the wrong direction. I would submit that all one has to do in that case it turn around and do their listening backwards. ;)

15. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

16. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

I find that choice of analog cables make a difference. Even choices of digital cables(to an extent) make a difference, Though with these it was only apparent over long cable runs. With digital, it's more of a data link working properly, without noise/interference, and apparent signal loss. Much more of a cut and dry situation, imho.

17. StephenGR12

StephenGR12 Forum Resident

Yes, he appears to be. Did you read the rest of the thread? I always love those who crow about an audiophile product by saying "it's a bargain at twice the price!" Go easy on the thick stuff, will ya?

18. Feisal K

Feisal K Forum Resident

Audiophiles have been known to ...er, indulge :D

(not once have I seen DenonLink mentioned - could it be that everyone thinks it is an ethernet cable?)

not saying the price is not ridiculous (to me), but if it was intended to go between a >4K Denon DVD-A1XV (DVD 5910) universal player and a 5K AV receiver - if I go through the equipment profiles on here, tell me I would not see that kind of price ratio between a CDP, cable and amplifier.

19. arachnophilia

arachnophilia Forum Resident

this is pure win.

20. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

Do they make a crossover cable version?;)

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

This reviewer clearly has a sense of humour. I quote:

"A caution to people buying these: if you do not follow the "directional markings" on the cables, your music will play backwards. Please check that before mentioning it in your reviews. "

Eddie

22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Even the "Tags Customers Associate with This Product" are pretty funny.

How long can Amazon.com keep this product page up with all these shenanigans going on?

Craig(VC).

23. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

The reviews and tags are awesome. Someone tagged it as "Giraffe Food". Other notable tags: "snake oil", "tax on the stupid", and my favorite "pt barnum"

24. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I like the review about the added warranty because his dog ate through the cable and there was musics all over the floor and the vet said the dog would be pooping top 40 hits for a few days.

Poor Bosco

25. visprashyana

visprashyana New Member

Digital cables have just as much audible difference as analog cables. Moreover, there are different types - listen to an optical vs. coax and you will hear a difference. I just changed my HMDI's and well just like you would imagine, they look different. I don't have any use for this type of cable, but I would be willing to check out an ethernet or firewire if I was using it in that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.