11 Depeche Mode albums to be release on SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Marc Pool, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Lan

Robert Lan Forum Resident

Just got three e-mails from them an hour ago. Violator and MFTM were despatched today ! So was the Moody Blues' To Our Children's Children's Children. :) Should be here soon. It's a Chinese holiday tomorrow and Thursday. The potal system in Hong Kong might be shut down, I'm not sure. It will definitely be down for a couple days here in Taiwan.

2. Marc Pool

Marc Pool New Member Thread Starter

I had five discs on pre-order, 3 Moody Blues and two Depeche Mode. So far only 1 Moody Blues has been shipped. Hope the rest will follow soon.

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I also recieved emails today that the Depeche Mode's were shipping and one of the Moody Blues too.

4. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Same here. The curious thing is that it says despatched and e-mail sent. But I did not get the e-mails indicating the shipping of the two Depeche Mode issues or the 3 Moody Blues that shipped. Not really a problem, as I care more about receiving the discs than getting e-mails. Not sure why I don't get the e-mails though, when my account is set-up correctly?

5. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

I have not received any emails either, but it shows despatched; weird.

6. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I too got emails. Speak and Spell is the one I *really* want, so it makes sense it's not shipping yet.

7. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I can't wait to hear "Enjoy The Silence" in majestic Surround Sound!:)

8. Idjit Dragon

Idjit Dragon Forum Resident

I've just received shipping notifications the two discs that I ordered :righton:

Cheers

Martin

9. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Same here, from Amazon.co.uk -- I only ordered Violator, or is it Violater

10. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

So I ordered 2 DM....and I'm too lazy to browse this thread...will the DTS tracks play on my region 1 dvd player?I have SACD but it would be nice to have the other option.

11. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Probably not. You should be able to rip the DTS tracks and create DTS CDs though.

12. MikeT

I might be in the same boat, so how does one go about ripping DTS tracks (so I can at least hear the bonus tracks on the DVD, if my DVD copy won't play in my DVD player).

13. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

You might want to try Audio DVD Extractor: http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

14. GoldenBoy

Forget dts CD's. He can rip the entire DVD, strip the region coding and burn it back to DVD. If it's a DVD9, then, obviously he would need a dual layer DVD burner.

The one problem is, if the disc is PAL (the Playing the Angel DVD was PAL) then he might not be able to play the disc anyhow.

What I usually do is rip them to disc, set the region code to '0', burn then back to DVD and play them back from my computer over DVI out to my HD set. They look glorious; the best upscaling I have ever seen. My Denon 2200 can convert PAL to NTSC, but it does a miserable job of it so I don't even bother to use it.

15. GoldenBoy

My Speak & Spell order is still showing 'Pre-Release' status on CD Wow, and although the other two are showing 'Despatched + Email Sent', I still haven't gotten an email. :confused:

I'm disappointed that Speak & Spell is delayed as I was really looking forward to having that one. I've never owned their first 4 albums (I started with Some Great Reward and never went backwards), but recently I've been getting into them via some downloads.

With that said, I'm dying to hear Violator in surround. :goodie: 'World in My Eyes', 'Waiting for the Night', 'Halo'. O, man; and Violator is only the one I've been waiting for the third most. :) Number one, for me, is Black Celebration and number two is Some Great Reward.

16. Robert Lan

Yes, I agree, both are great albums. I also love MFTM and Violator. Is Black Celebration due in the next batch of re-masters ? It was very likely mentioned earlier, but I can't remember.

17. GoldenBoy

I believe Black Celebration is due in the third batch of releases. The next batch at this point will be A Broken Frame, Construction Time Again and Some Great Reward.

18. Robert Lan

Thanks for that. :)

19. MikeT

I don't have a DVD burner, so extracting the DTS portion of the disc might be the way to go.

20. carvin77

carvin77 New Member

21. GoldenBoy

What exactly are you confused about?

22. GoldenBoy

In that case, the software that Metoo posted a link to is probably your best bet, assuming you're running Windows.

23. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I'm a little confused. Aren't the dvd discs that are part of this series region 0 (all regions)? That's pretty common for music releases. I'm still awaiting my shipment so I haven't seen the discs yet.

24. MikeT

Well, Playing the Angel SACD/DVD-V combination was region coded and therefore would not play in my region 1 only DVD-Video player. One can only assume the same will be true for the new Depeche Mode SACD/DVD-V releases. Probably to protect the fact that a CD/DVD-V release will also take place domestically in the U.S.

25. GoldenBoy

Exactly. Which also brings up the point that, if you really need access to the dts program on the DVD and you're in North America, it may be best to get the CD+DVD release domestically. Of course, you'd then be passing on high-res.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.