11 Depeche Mode albums to be release on SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Marc Pool, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Well, the SACDs are OOP and some go for insane prices by now and if you don't own an SACD player, there is no reason to buy them. And what do you mean by ripping the SACDs and burning them to CD-R? You can't rip the SACD layer. Only the CD layer, but why would you rip a CD and burn it to CD?

So maybe the standard CD (+DVD) editions available now could be intersting for you. I can't tell you how the mastering compares to the original CDs, since I only own these new SACDs and mainly listen to the surround mixes. But I'm sure you will find some opinions on the mastering in this thread.

2. Abacab

Abacab Forum Resident

Short answer if you can afford them - yes.

3. wolfram

Even without an SACD player? :confused:

4. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

I would because these things are going to be very high priced in the future.

BillSykes likes this.
  5. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Most of the SACDs are already pricey and prices are rising. If you don't own an SACD player and have no interest in buying one in the future, there's no reason to pay the premium just to get the redbook layer of these SACDs. As I understand it, the U.S. versions, which were a redbook CD and DVD (but no SACD), were released at the same time and have the same mastering on the redbook layer. If you are a fan of the band but don't own an SACD player, this would be the way for you to go.

6. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

Because the "high prices" more and more people are starting to sell their copies ... so finally they will become less expensive again (not all of them, but saw Black Celebration for sale a few weeks ago for half of the price than 2-3 months ago by various sellers) ;)

7. PixieStix

PixieStix Forum Resident

Didnt own a SACD so I am lil ignorant to such things.
    Just picked up Music For The Masses this morning for $12 used very good+

8. ToEhrIsHuman

ToEhrIsHuman Forum Resident

The RB layer of the remastered SACDs is inferior to the original CD releases. If you're not set up for multi-channel, or don't even have an SACD-player (and no plans to get one), then there's no reason to look for these.

9. wolfram

Unless you want to rip the hi-rez from the DVDs and listen to them in 24/48. :D

Billy Infinity likes this.
  10. PanaPlasma

100% right.

If you're not planning to buy an sacd-player in the future, you don't have to pay that much (the rbcd's are not sounding that good).

If interested in sacd, those are still in stock for a decent price:
    A Broken Frame

Speak And Spell

11. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

I'm not interested in 5.1, but the STEREO SACD layer is what I'm after.
    Worth it for Black Celebration?

12. PanaPlasma

I'm happy with BC Stereo sacd.

But is it worth those high eBay and Amazon prices?

You (and your budget) should decide that. Nobody else.

13. Abacab

Abacab Forum Resident

Are people out to lunch? The redbook layers sound great. The flaws on A Broken Frame notwithstanding, they are a great listen.

14. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

sorry my ignorance "all are REMIXES" ???? not from the original masters? so for hear the original stuff need old cds or the 1st press vinyl?

15. wolfram

Where does it say that "all are REMIXES"? The surround mixes are of course, but the stereo versions?

16. Marc 74

Marc 74 Senior Member

No remixes-just remasters.

17. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

hi and sorry for ask again but many questions:

I dont have any of DM on cd or vinyl so! Im looking all

digital
    =================
    1. the SACD are remixes or not? I want the real thing not remixes? I ask again because on forum some people say that are remixes...
    2. the SACD are the best digital sound available?
    3. the red layer is the same than the sacd, so just in 16/44 ? same thing at "low" quality? so just worth for people than dont have SACD player...
    4. if I get the SACD's I dont need the old CD's
    5. ok if the SACD are the best, what are the second best sound? the old mute cds or japan cds or?
    6. the extras songs on the red layer of the SACD, why are not released in the SACD layer???

analog vinyl
    =================
    1. I see some 180g "remasters" are better than originals? or pure bad remasters?
    2. I still want the original press, which press are better? UK mute 1st press?

any help really please!! I dont want waste my money and time

18. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

any online store for still buy some new? amazon.uk or?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.