09/28/09 Madonna - Celebration

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Driver 8, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LennonCobain

LennonCobain Forum Resident

Maybe there are too many bad memories of Sean Penn? :love:

2. LennonCobain

LennonCobain Forum Resident

Any word on if the DVD will contain 5.1 surround sound mixes of the songs?

3. ronton99

ronton99 Forum Resident

You know, they married in September 1985 (yes, I had to look it up) and True Blue came out in June of 1986 (and it was dedicated to Sean). So that really makes a whole lot of sense and I totally understand and forgive her.

And I'm glad the CDs are not chronological too. Looks like a nice line up (with a bit of tweeking). A shame about the oft-issued versions, though.

4. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

thank god for that. nothing worse than comps like that. i like them to create a good mix from great tunes. i do it all the time, its not hard.

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member Thread Starter

Non-chronological sequence + Immaculate Collection mixes = no sale to this fan.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Seconded on both counts. This really needs to be in chronological order to track the evolution of her music. Otherwise; it's just going to be a jumbled mess.

7. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

:righton: Madonna's musical career especially lends itself to a chronological compilation, IMO.

8. ronton99

ronton99 Forum Resident

I almost always make comps in chronological order just for the reason you stated, but I can see this one flowing pretty well the way it is. Resequencing things can provide a fresh perspective at times.

This release has me wanting to do a singles/12" remix comp (and it will be in, yes, chronological order - sorry DJ :wave:). Just need to find a few more titles... And I think it will be much more interesting than these discs...

She still needs a box, though some might disagree (had to say that!).

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I don't think she has anything against it - I think she just doesn't consider it one of the album's three biggest songs, so it gets the boot. No album is represented by more than three songs, so "Live to Tell", "La Isla Bonita" and "Papa Don't Preach" fill that album's quota...

10. Driver 8

The purported official tracklisting also includes "Open Your Heart," so that would make four songs from True Blue.

11. Oatsdad

Whoops - you're right! I was thinking of the older tracklisting that omitted "Open Your Heart". If this more recent one's correct, it'll indeed have four "True Blue" songs...

12. Driver 8

Now was that really so hard? :D

13. Oatsdad

You're so frequently wrong that I feel a little dirty for having to type that you were right for once! :laugh:

14. Driver 8

You will doubtless feel really dirty when you concede that Madonna looked her best with short hair during the True Blue period. :D

[​IMG]

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Mmm... the Open Your Heart vidoe...... :bigeek::uhhuh:

16. EveryLittleThing

EveryLittleThing New Member

If they're really using the Immaculate Collection mixes, then I might not buy this. I don't like those mixes and I already have the other CD, I'm not going to buy those over again.

17. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

:laugh:

18. Oatsdad

Sorry - I admitted one mistake on this thread, so my quota is full! :D

Besides, I thought Maddy looked pretty awful with her various short 1986-1987 haircuts. "Virgin"-era Maddy was much more attractive...

19. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

This is one of my favourite images of Madonna, and I think she looked amazing during that shoot and all videos from the True Blue album. I love the Ciao Italia concert etc. Im looking forward to this collection. Interesting to see if the presumed tracklisting is correct as it seems pretty well balanced. Im okay with the non-chronological track listing too. Cant wait to see whats on the DVD.

Steve

20. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member

There is a rumored track listing on the Net, but they are random fan sites (all with the same track listing), so I don't know how credible they are. If the track listing they show is accurate, its missing a lot of hits.

It looks like in addition to the 2-CD set and the 2-DVD set there is a single CD set.

21. MarilynsPickle

MarilynsPickle Forum Resident

Official Promo Commercial

Despite what is heard in this ad and described previously, www.madonnatribe.com has revised the list of versions included on this release. "Like A Prayer," "Express Yourself" and others are no longer listed as being from The Immaculate Collection.

:goodie:

22. ABBAFANUSA

ABBAFANUSA Forum Resident

"Express Yourself" is being listed as the video edit. At least there's something new :goodie:

But what's up with all the 'LP edits' This isn't going to be like a K-tel album with early fades is it :(

23. EveryLittleThing

EveryLittleThing New Member

That's good news. I really don't like those mixes.

I love the video version of "Express Yourself" so I'll have to get this now.

24. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member

This was the rumored track listing that I've seen a few (unofficial) places on the Net:

CD1
    “Vogue”
    “Express Yourself”
    “Into the Groove”
    “Papa Don’t Preach”
    “La Isla Bonita”
    “Everybody”
    “Lucky Star”
    “Holiday”
    “Like a Virgin”
    “Borderline”
    “Material Girl”
    “Crazy For You”
    “Open Your Heart”
    “Cherish”
    “Like a Prayer”
    “Justify My Love”
    “Deeper and Deeper”
    “Erotica”
    “Rain”

CD2
    “Celebration”
    “Music”
    “Get Together”
    “Frozen”
    “Hung Up”
    “Ray of Light”
    “Beautiful Stranger”
    “Don’t Tell Me”
    “Hollywood”
    “Human Nature”
    “Secret”
    “Take a Bow”
    “American Life”
    “Die Another Day”
    “Sorry”
    “4 Minutes”
    “Give It 2 Me”
    “Revolver”

Where is: "Live to Tell", "Dress You Up", "Angel" "Burning Up", "True Blue", "Bedtime Story", "Who's That Girl", "Causing A Commotion", "Me Against The Music", "This Used To Be My Playground", "Oh Father", "The Power of Goodbye", "Something to Remember", "You Must Love Me", "Fever", etc.?

I hope this is not the actual track listing... not bad for two cds, but grossly incomplete (not that it could be complete with two CDs but I would take to or three off this reported track listing if I could and swap them out... "Hollywood"? Really?)

25. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

I think the Madonnatribe.com one is the official one from what Ive seen. The one you have posted has been around for quite a while but has been superseded by this more recent one at Madonnatribe.com that was posted upthread. They gave a list of sources as well. Some of these are Immaculate Collection mixes, but apparently Express Yourself is the video mix. This seems like a much more likely track list than the one you posted.

CD 1:
    01) Hung Up
    02) Music
    03) Vogue
    04) 4 Minutes
    05) Holiday
    06) Like A Virgin
    07) Into The Groove
    08) Everybody
    09) Like A Prayer
    10) Ray Of Light
    11) Sorry
    12) Express Yourself
    13) Open Your Heart
    14) Borderline
    15) Secret
    16) Erotica
    17) Justify My Love
    18) Celebration

CD 2:
    01) Dress You Up
    02) Material Girl
    03) La Isla Bonita
    04) Papa Don't Preach
    05) Lucky Star
    06) Burning Up
    07) Crazy For You
    08) Who's That Girl
    09) Frozen
    10) Miles Away
    11) Take A Bow
    12) Beautiful Stranger
    13) Hollywood
    14) Die Another Day
    15) Don't Tell Me
    16) Live To Tell
    17) Cherish
    18) Revolver

This one includes some of the tracks that were left out above. However, youre right, no 2CD compilation could ever be complete.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.