09/28/09 Madonna - Celebration

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Driver 8, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Did anyone notice that tracks on this compilation are HDCD encoded?

The packaging does not indicate this at all.

2. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Yes. Not sure if I’ve posted anything about it in this thread, but none of the HDCD flagged tracks actually use any of the HDCD features (peak extension, filtering, etc.). The tracks just bear the HDCD flag which indicates that it passed through HDCD licensed hardware.

Personally, I think this compilation was rather poorly cobbled together from various existing material.

3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

*bump*

4. Johann

Johann Forum Resident

Hi Rocker, non album versions on GHV2 are all original edits, some of them never before released then and to this day not found elsewhere on her commercial discography.

5. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Here is the info on GHV2:

1. Deeper And Deeper (7" Edit) - correct single version
    2. Erotica (Radio Edit) - commercially released but the U.S. 7" used the LP version
    3. Human Nature (Radio Version) - correct single version
    4. Secret (Edit) - commercially released but the U.S. 7" used the LP version
    5. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Radio Edit) - correct single version
    6. Bedtime Story (Edit) - commercially released but the U.S. 7" used the LP version
    7. The Power Of Good-Bye - LP version was the single
    8. Beautiful Stranger (William Orbit Radio Edit) - from promo CD, LP version was single
    9. Frozen (Edit) - from promo CD, LP version was single
    10. Take A Bow (Edit) - commercially released but the U.S. 7" used the LP version (U.K. used edit)
    11. Ray Of Light (Radio Edit) - from promo CD, LP version was single
    12. Don't Tell Me - LP version but edit was used for European single
    13. What It Feels Like For A Girl - LP version was the single. There is an edit on promos.
    14. Drowned World / Substitute For Love - LP version was the single
    15. Music - LP version was the single

Hep Alien likes this.
  6. Johann

Johann Forum Resident

Note on Drowned World: non-US single, an edit was included on the Euroean promo cd single.

7. MadonnaMDNA_

MadonnaMDNA_ New Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know that vinyl pressing (the EU pressing) is a digital-sourced or mastered from original master tapes. The sticker on the front says: "Digitally remastered from the original tapes". I'm not sure about the sentence.. Does it mean a digital-sourced or not?

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

This has to rank right up there as one of the worst botched compilations I own. :(

PROG U.K. likes this.
  9. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

That's why I never actually picked it up. I was excited to buy it initially but once word came out that it was a sonic mess, I passed and never looked back. If it weren't botched, it'd be a great way to get everything essential Madonna in one place. Such a shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.