Johnny Rivers - Realization

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joe Koz, Dec 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam Thread Starter

Just picked up Johnny Rivers "Realization" a 30th anniversary edition. What a great record huh...CD I mean. Does a great version of Dylan's "Positively 4th Street". Also does good versions of "Hey Joe" & "Winter Shade of Pale". If theres any Johnny River fans here and you don't have this CD, I highly recommended it.

2. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Well, for my money, the one thats a mist have is "And I Know You Wanna Dance", the Lp with "Secret Agent Man".

This ons is filled with great songs...check out Johnnys version of Al Wilsons "The Snake"/ Oh.....and I dont care what the jacket says, thats gotta be Hal Blaine on drums on The Snake.......check out that roll around from the smallest tom to the biggest....fantastic!

3. wmspence

wmspence Senior Member

Guys,

I saw Mr. Rivers play at the Hatshell on the Charles River in Boston this summer! Let me tell you, he is a very, very, very underrated axeman!
    Very good concert and FREE to boot. As an aside, I used to live in Carmel, California and frequent a restaurant named Ventana's. Johnny had a farm just up the mountain from the joint. If you are ever in Big Sur, make sure and stop!!

4. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

I saw Johnny a couple of years ago here in NYC. He was sounding GREAT.

He did "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" and the crowd went wild!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.