Cool Cassette

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by andy749, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy749

andy749 Senior Member Thread Starter

Found this in a retrospective of Mad Peck comics. Notice the use of the term "Punk Rock" back in '72 to describe this stuff. I had to burn one of these.

[​IMG]

2. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Right...we've had discussions about this before. Just around this era (at the time of Lenny Kaye's original Nuggets compilation on Elektra), the term "punk rock" was most definitely applied to what we now more commonly call "garage rock" of the 60s.

When The Ramones and the Sex Pistols came along, a certain commonality was seen, and the term was appropriated for the new genre.

3. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Some really great tunes in there though!

Evan :thumbsup:

4. Jack Son #9 Dream

Jack Son #9 Dream lofi hip hop is good

Well, if you really wanted to pick up girls on a Friday nite at the drive-in you really needed "7&7 Is" by Love on your punk mix tape. Otherwise, it's a decent compilation. :uhhuh:

5. Christopher J

Christopher J Norme Con Ironie

The Mad Peck was the most. Here's one of my fave mix tapes - as the title suggests, excellent for babysitting.

[​IMG]

6. andy749

andy749 Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah, that would've been good on there.

I was thinkin' maybe, "Surfin' Bird" or "Witch" instead of a couple things on side 1, and maybe substituting "Kick Out the Jams" for something on side 2. Still, it's awful good as is. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.