"LOVE" announcement from Apple and official track listing

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wollensack, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wollensack

Wollensack Beatles maniac Thread Starter

Apple Corps Ltd/Capitol Records are to release the Beatles LOVE album in stereo and 5.1 November 21st. This will be the first Beatles album available in 5.1

The stereo CD will contain 78 minutes of music. The DVD surround sound version on DVD disc album will be a slightly extended version with 81 minutes of music.

After being asked by the remaining Beatles, Ringo and Paul, along with Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison, to make experimental mixes from their master tapes for a collaboration with Cirque du Soleil, Sir George Martin, The Beatles legendary producer, and his son Giles Martin have been working with the entire archive of Beatles recordings to create LOVE. The result is an unprecedented approach to the music. Using the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios, Sir George and Giles have created a unique soundscape. The release of this album, which is also featured in the Cirque du Soleil/Apple Corps collaborative production of the same name at The Mirage in Las Vegas, has been much anticipated.

“This album puts the Beatles back together again, because suddenly there’s John and George with me and Ringo,” said Paul McCartney. “It’s kind of magical.”

“George and Giles did such a great job combining these tracks. It’s really powerful for me and I even heard things I’d forgotten we’d recorded.” commented Ringo Starr.

“The album has the feeling of love and that’s why the title is Beatles LOVE,“ added Yoko Ono Lennon, "They have let everything that is beautiful and daring come out.”

“The music is stunning. I think the most amazing thing about it is that you can pull it apart and find that all the elements carry with it the essence of the entire song,” said Olivia Harrison.

Andrew Slater, President & CEO Capitol Records said, "The Beatles and George Martin invented everything we love about modern recorded rock music. It is only fitting that they now shake things up and create the new blueprint for rediscovering and falling in love again with the soundtracks to our lives."

The 5.1 disc is a DVD-Audio/DVD-Video hybrid. The audio is presented in high-resolution 96/24 5.1 surround on the DVD-Audio part of the disc. The DVD-Video part carries 5.1 surround in DTS and Dolby Digital as well as a PCM stereo mix. This DVD album is designed to be played on DVD video equipment but will carry no video component.

The “LOVE” CD and DVD track listing is:

1. Because
    2. Get Back
    3. Glass Onion
    4. Eleanor Rigby
    Julia (Transition)
    5. I Am The Walrus
    6. I Want To Hold Your Hand
    7. Drive My Car/The Word/What You’re Doing
    8. Gnik Nus
    9. Something
    Blue Jay Way (Transition)
    10. Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!/I Want You
    (She’s So Heavy)/Helter Skelter
    11. Help!
    12. Blackbird/Yesterday
    13. Strawberry Fields Forever
    14. Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows
    15. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
    16. Octopus’s Garden
    17. Lady Madonna
    18. Here Comes The Sun
    The Inner Light (Transition)
    19. Come Together/Dear Prudence
    Cry Baby Cry (Transition)
    20. Revolution
    21. Back In The U.S.S.R.
    22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    23. A Day In The Life
    24. Hey Jude
    25. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
    26. All You Need Is Love

2. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

WOW!! :righton: Count me IN on this one! Damn all the naysayers :)
    Its DVD-Audio. Its The Beatles music in surround. Its blessed by all surviving Beatles and the spouses of the others. Its absolutely the next best thing to a brilliantly remastered back catalogue.
    Cant wait for November 21!
    Cheers for that news. Quite brightened up my day.

Steve

3. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Woohoo!

Jason

4. apple corpse

apple corpse Forum Resident

In the words of Montgomery Burns...excellent. :)

5. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

So it looks like we won't get any of the extra material that wasn't used in the show but I think we get almost all the music used in the LOVE programme, correct?

I'm all over this one... :goodie:

p.s. it looks like many of the tracks will be non mash-up tracks, so we'll get 5.1 mixes of these as well!

6. budlyte

budlyte Forum Resident

Count me in as well. :agree:

7. apple corpse

Yeah, that is correct. She's leaving home plus two others have apparently been cut from this release. The above track list however, matches the vegas show song for song. :)

8. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I'm there!!!

9. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

It's nice to have the official word. Thanks Andre!

10. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

Count me as psyched!
    Between this and the Doors box, I may finally have to get a Universal player.
    I can do SACD, but all the rock titles are comng out as DVD-A now.

11. Bud Shaver

Bud Shaver New Member

Woo-freakin-hoo!!!

I can't wait.

12. apple corpse

Wait until everyone hears 'Come Together' McCartney's background vocals on this song are so cool. This was truly the musical highlight for me. :)

13. Chris Federico

Chris Federico New Member

Isn't it Paul doing the backing vocals on the Abbey Road (i.e. real) version, during the later verses?

14. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

So for anyone checking out the Beatles for the first time, the band recorded
    1 song "I Want to hold your hand" in 1963, nothing else in in 1963 or 1964 ?

I will buy this and enjoy it, just disappointed it misses out the 63/64 material almost entirely.

15. Yeah, the songs are almost exclusively from Revolver and beyond, but I think I may have to give it a spin.
    :)

16. apple corpse

Yes, but in this version if I remember correctly they are different, not just remixed (probably flown in from another take). At the Mirage the rear speakers are placed in the headrest of your seat, so the effect for me was quite stunning. :)

17. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Then obviously McCartney's harmonies were recorded to a separate track, and even at a different time than Lennon's lead vocals? Interesting.

Paul's harmony work on Lennon's later songs were the saving grace for me. "Don't Let Me Down" for example, would sorely miss Paul's vocal harmony.

18. Chris Federico

Chris Federico New Member

:righton:

19. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

That's a selling point for me.

Besides, the earlier stuff doesn't seem particularly conducive to multichannel / surround... at least as demonstrated on the Anthology DVDs.

I wasn't really interested in this, until seeing this tracklist and a hi-res surround confirmation.

20. apple corpse

I also love McCartney's seamless backgrounds on 'It's all too much' pure genius. :)

21. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

22. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I don't even care if this CHARTS!!!!! It's should be a rare treat for all of us. But, obviously, it'll have to be 'pushed' more than the Capitol sets were in order to insure us getting more 'stuff'.

23. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I'm still confused. Are the ones that aren't listed as medleys complete tracks? So, for example, on the redbook CD, do we get "Strawberry Fields" as we know and love it, in its' entirety, with a new stereo remix?

24. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

25. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

?? I thought I read on this forum , that all the evidence pointed toward Lennon providing his own backing vocals on Come Together.

I have to admit it sounds like McCartney, and I always believed it was McCartney, until I read differently on this forum.:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.