Steve, which artists have shown the most enthusiasm towards your mastering work?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Doonie, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doonie

Doonie New Member Thread Starter

Have many/any of them come down to your studios and shown a personal interest in the mastering of their album, either CD or LP? Do you know of any that have been THE reason why you're mastering their work, either by them lobbying their record company or perhaps by them lobbying yourself? :)

Feel free to ramble on, if need be. :D

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hard to say. Most of them take the opportunity to demand more record co. royalties so is it that or the fact that they like to see their stuff on GOLD and vinyl?

Never had any complaints though.

3. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I thought that Doonie had a great question there. I take it from your answer, Steve, that no one REALLY cared that much to "look over your shoulder", as it were, to see what you were doing to "their" music? That's kind of disappointing, actually. Unless, of course, you "shooed" them away and wanted to work undisturbed... couldn't blame you for that.
    It would be pretty great to have an artist approach you afterword and say "Steve, I really LOVED the way you made my music sound!"
    Well, I'm not in the "business", but I think I sure would love to hear that, because you have and they should! Just my 2 cents....

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

This has all been covered here many times.

Gotta do a search.

5. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Can you give us a hint as to what search terms to use? Where is Leppo?

6. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

I heard Steve say Ray Charles was very impressed... he said it in public so I'm putting it here.

And I can say first hand that Randy Newman was impressed with Steve's work but unfortunately, they have yet to work together.

Jeff

7. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member

I would have loved to be in the room for the Ray Charles work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.