Scottish Hi-Fi show

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by garyt, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyt

garyt Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone here going to the Scottish Hi-Fi show in Edinburgh in October? I'm going to make a weekend of it, and take in as many s/h record shops as I can find. If anybody would like to meet up for a drink or anything, drop me a line.
    Gary

2. Duggeh

Duggeh Forum Resident

I might go, havent worked out my timetible for this semester yet.

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Wish I could...

4. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I'll be there on Saturday or Sunday - not sure which (I usually try for Saturday in case there are any freebies! :winkgrin: )

5. garyt

I'm probably going to go on the Sunday. I intend spending Friday afternoon & Saturday looking for CD & vinyl bargains (there are some good s/h record shops in the town). I'm going to the Divine Comedy gig on the Sunday night, so I thought the best way to spend Sunday afternoon would be at the show.
    If you fancy meeting up, PM me.
    Gary

6. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

When I was in Edinburgh last month for the Festivals I visited a couple of shops, but I didn't find any bargains. The shop owners appeared far too clued up on what was sought after nowadays. I remember seeing a used David Bowie Hunky Dory RCA CD for £25!

7. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

When in October is this? Where are the CD and record shops in Edinburgh? No doubt if I go I'll be arriving by train at Waverley station.

8. garyt

The show is on 28th & 29th (Sat & Sun) at the Dalmahoy Hotel. The last time I went to this show, there was a free bus laid on from the city centre.
    There are a few good s/h shops dotted around the place, and it's hard to beat Fopp for cheap CDs (there are branches in Rose St & Cockburn St which are close to Prince's St & The Royal Mile respectively).
    Gary

9. Tetrack

Tetrack Forum Resident

I didn't know there was such a show. I won't be going myself, but Avalanche Records is one shop to visit.

Here's a link i found for Edinburgh shops.

10. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Considering it about 6 weeks away there is not a lot of info yet. I did go to the last one at The Marriott Dalmahoy in Edinburgh in 2004 and enjoyed it a lot. Apparently last year's show in Glasgow was not a great success, so they moved back to Edinburgh (though Dalmahoy is a few miles outside Edinburgh) This year there is a
    "an extra focus on high-end two channel systems."

http://www.loud-clear.co.uk/show_1.htm?0.3543207#

11. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

It's a good excuse for a visit to Edinburgh. I enjoy the train journey - it's particularly picturesque north of Lambrigg, with superb views in the Lune Gorge area, and the hot chocolate on Virgin Voyager trains is pretty good nowadays. Then there is Jenner's food hall and café, and there's also a rather good Chinese restaurant...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.