Led Zeppelin 2 RL, My Spectacular find today!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Geoman076, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!! Thread Starter

What's better than finding a Led Zep 2 with RL in the Dead Wax?...

Finding a near mint White labe Promo with RL in the Dead wax! :righton:

Best $15 I ever spent :winkgrin: . If I die and go to heaven, this is the copy God will be playing. It sounds so good I'm afraid to clean it! :goodie:

Attached Files:

2. rinso white

rinso white Pale Fire

Does anybody know...
    Putting the yellow sticker aside, does the white "This album contains..." sticker mean anything? Was that only on promo copies?

3. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

:goodie: Congratulations!! What a find. :)

4. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!! Thread Starter

I know that it was on the outside of the shrinkwrap on original regular copies.

5. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

:bigeek: Wow, that's awesome, congrats!

6. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

7. bresna

bresna Senior Member

Back in those days, I used to carefully peel stickers off of the cellophane and stick the sticker onto the jacket in the place where the sticker was.

8. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Finding this album in NM condition is extremely uncommon. Great find. For the most part, Atlantic serviced WLPs in those days to radio stations, who mostly played the heck out of this LP. Not many NM copies around!

Where'd you find it?

Kwad

10. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

Awesome! I didn't even know that existed.

11. peter

peter Senior Member

Rivals my Bay Area finds. This had GOT TO GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE TOP FIVE FORUM FINDS EVER.

BIG TME CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Holy Shirt!! Great find. :righton:

If you play it loud enough, I bet it will crush walnuts placed in front of the woofers. ;)

13. That exact sticker was on my 80s-pressed copy when I bought it about 1986 new.

14. innercircle

innercircle Forum Resident

Awesome....
    Guys someone knows what is the 'real' value for this one in the market? I mean, Geoman did run with an extraordinary luck, if he decided to sell it, how much is the amount he'd ask for it?

15. peter

peter Senior Member

Properly described and advertised, this is at least a $500.00 record IMHO. No question.

16. innercircle

innercircle Forum Resident

Oh yes? Geoman take care of it, and if some day you decide to sell it, you know what you can ask for it....

17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

If I saw that one in a store for $15.00, I would be looking over my shoulder. I bet Geoman didn't put back down to check out some other vinyl. :D

The Dharma is with you today Geoman. Good going!

18. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

19. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I doubt this one is a RL version. Note that the cover shows that a round sticker was removed. That sticker said the album was a gold record winner, or something like that, and was only added after the record had been selling for a while. The best RLs were the very early pressings.

Also, the one in this eBay auction appears to be heavily beat up, which is quite common for LZ IIs.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That's higher than I'd guess, but no question it's a fine, valuable, piece.

As a tangential note: People should continue to be on the lookout for NM white label promos of megahit/important albums from the late '60s and early-to-mid '70s. My observation is that these continue to be overlooked and underpriced, particularly in B&M record stores...Think things like Queen "Night at the Opera" (Elektra), Eagles "Hotel California" (Asylum), Yes "Close to the Edge" and "Fragile" (Atlantic), Rolling Stones "Sticky Fingers" (Atlantic), Neil Young "Harvest" (Reprise), Boston "Boston" (Epic), Carole King "Tapestry" (A&M/Ode), Meatloaf "Bat Out of Hell" (Epic/Cleveland Intl), The Soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever (RSO), etc.

The key here is that the album is both revered today AND was a hit when issued. Oh, and that a WLP version was even produced. Few WLP copies of hit albums survived in NM shape because they received a lot of play. There are lots of cultish but significant albums that aren't hard to find in NM condition, because they didn't garner a lot of play upon release (think something like most Captain Beefheart albums).

Kwad

21. The white "This Album Contains" track sticker on the back is very rare. I have two that has that sticker which are non white label promo but both are RL pressing.

My guess is that the earlier copies has the "This Album Contains" track sticker.

22. peter

peter Senior Member

23. !

24. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

It does say stereo on the top of the front cover though.

25. rinso white

rinso white Pale Fire

It looks like it may have been exactly like the round sticker on the one pictured on page one of this thread! But, I agree, it looks pretty beat-up. Tempting, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.