New RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS "Stadium Arcadium" 4 LP WB set mastered by Hoffman/Gray

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I wanted to give you all a heads-up about this:

Warner Bros. Records upcoming LP set of the new Red Hot Chili Peppers release "Stadium Arcadium" (CD is being released on Tuesday), produced by our Forum Friend RICK RUBIN. As you probably know, it is their first new album in 4 years. An amazing 28 songs!

Here is the kicker for you vinyl lovers.collectors: The LP version will be mastered by us at AcousTech from the 30 ips analog mixes and will be issued TWICE on vinyl from Warner Bros. Records: First on 4 LP's in regular 150 gram vinyl and a special 180 gram 4 LP version in deluxe slipcase with special booklet. This confirms to me Warner Bros. Records' commitment to the vinyl market; the 28 songs will be nicely spread out on 8 sides of vinyl for maxium impact.

ALL ANALOG!

Records to be pressed at Record Tech. Inc. (RTI) by master pressman Rick Hashimoto.

The master tapes will be delivered via courier over to AcousTech from Warner Bros. on Monday and Kevin Gray and I will start working on it at that time for a speedy LP release.

I can tell you that the band is excited about the vinyl version!

2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Sounds good, will be waiting for release date. Thanks.

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wow!

Thank you, Warner Bros. Records, for your vinyl commitment - and for choosing (in my opinion, of course) the best mastering / cutting / pressing plant / pressman (pressperson?) in the business!

:)

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  4. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Good news, I like the RHCP :righton:

5. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

wow, with an average of 3.5 songs per side, there should be some serious dynamics happening on that vinyl! Is this the reason it wasn't pared down to 3 or even 2 LPs, in order to improve the sonics? Or are the songs averaging 7 minutes long each? ;)

6. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

:righton: Great news!!

Gonna hold off on the CD.

Dan

7. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

That's OUTSTANDING!

The RHCP were out of the vinyl market, at least in the United States, for many years, until Californication came out as a double. That was their first Warners album on U.S. vinyl, except for a promo-only "clean" version of Blood Sugar Sex Magik. That title was pressed overseas, and maybe some others were, too.

There were some RHCP 45s in the meantime on U.S. Warners, including "Under the Bridge," "Soul to Squeeze," "Scar Tissue" and "Otherside."

8. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

Wow is right. "Californication" and "By The Way" were compressed to death and sounded, um, not good. This is clearly a whole new ballgame. Great news.

9. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

Too Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

10. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Here I go again......not a big fan of the Chilis, but Steve and Kevin did the work, so a-buying will go....ah, American capitalism....this is truly a great country. :righton:

11. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

Quick question: Steve, are the master tapes you're receiving the actual master tapes or are they tape copies of a digital source specifically prepared for the LP release? I know this is probably a stupid question considering that you've already stated it's "all analog" but I've read of the latter being done for current vinyl releases and was just curious.

12. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

The actual analog master tapes, yes.

13. whaaat

whaaat LT Fanatic

Very :cool:. I'm not the biggest RHCP fan, but I saw their latest video (California Dani?) and was digging the sound.

14. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

Very cool. Thanks.

15. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Steve, have you heard the CD and can you comment on the mastering? Some shots we've seen here look like they're pretty crunchy.

16. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Good luck, Steve (and Kevin), though you really won't need it. Nice to see Rick is here as well... :wave:

17. Dave D

Dave D Done!

If he is here, thanks for all the great work Rick! :righton:

18. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Wow, this is amazing news! I'll be buying this vinyl release and NOT the compressed CD release. It's a bummer they don't have Steve do both. How bout a SACD? :agree:

19. whitenoise

whitenoise New Member

Having preordered the At War With the Mystics vinyl, and reading this, I'm wondering:

is WBR making any direct money off vinyl releases?
    or does the vinyl serve to build buzz with the cool kids?
    or is it done to make the artist(s) happy?

I'd hope "all of the above", but I'd bet one of the latter two. If WBR can rake in some cash/buzz from true audiophile vinyl mastered from true analog sources by analog experts, why haven't other record companies caught on?

20. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

Way to go, Rick and Peppers! :righton: Congrats Steve :)

21. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Holy freakin' ****. Sold. :)

22. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I'm sure it's not up to you, Steve, but 10,000 Days next, please. :)

23. Mike Ga

Mike Ga Formerly meredrums and MikeG

Likewise! :righton:

24. Mike Ga

Mike Ga Formerly meredrums and MikeG

Who DID do the mastering on the cd?

25. johmbolaya

johmbolaya Active Member

I look forward to picking this up. As far as RHCP vinyl is concerned, we need one for Blood Sugar Sex Magik too.

And where's Kwest The Mad Ladd?

frushtrated likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.