pink floyd momentary lapse- best version?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by barzzz, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barzzz

barzzz Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just picked up momentary lapse of reason, with number cdp 7 48068 2 on the spine, and emi on the disc. Underneath emi, it says uk-cd emd 1003. On the disc, it also says made in italy, and is dated 1987. I spent quite a bit of time reading the pink floyd threads, and can't find much info on this title. Are there better sounding versions?

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

The only other copy I have of that album, aside from the 1st U.S. CD release, was the original US LP release. The one time I listened to it, I was struck by it sounding very different to what I was used to, but now I can't recall specifically how. Never did a head to head, but something seemed different to my ears, if not better or worse.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

How does your disc sound? I haven't listened to my U.S. Columbia disc in quite awhile, and I don't remember how it sounds. Gort Dave has gone on the record saying that the original Japanese CBS/Sony 32DP disc is not good. I doubt the U.S. Columbia disc is any better.

4. macready

macready New Member

I recommend the 1997 Doug Sax remaster. It offers a substantial improvement in sound quality over the original CD release.

5. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Japanese first pressing: 32DP 820.

Killer.

6. wildchild

wildchild Active Member

Shine on box version.

7. RicP

RicP All Digital. All The Time.

I prefer the rare Belgian colored disc myself.

;)

8. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

I respect both of these Golden Ears, so good luck!

9. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

This was recorded digitally, and on an older format PCM machine too. The original EMI and Columbia CDs are what were approved by the band at first and still sound amazing.

10. macready

macready New Member

The 1997 Doug Sax remaster is also approved by the band. The ad for the 1997 remasters states: "Newly re-mastered under the band's personal supervision"

http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/ptr/pfloyd/images/great.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.