Some DCC related odds and ends for sale...Money goes to SH Forum upgrading..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I have some DCC-type things for sale that I don't really need, all SEALED. If you are interested, make me an offer. Best offer gets them. Click on "CONTACT US" at bottom of page.....Money raised will go into Forum Kitty for future upgrades.. I'll wait a week and they bingo, best offer gets 'em...

--------------------------------------
    FIRST UP:

Not sealed, unplayed, rare FRENCH IMPORT PRINTING OF Ray Charles' "UH-HUH", called "Ray Charles 41 Greatest Hits (1959-1972)". Unique artwork with blue highlights.

This is a nifty looking French Import two disc set with four page booklet made by Fremeaux & Associes, Paris. F&A 004. Carefully prepared from 1630 masters I made specially for them. This is a rare version of the RAY Uh-Huh compilation we did at DCC. In fact, this is the only copy of this I've ever seen (and had to request it specially from France). 41 great songs from "What'd I Say" to "America The Beautiful".

--------------------------------------------------------------
    SECOND UP:
    4 disc set: The World Of RAY CHARLES, sealed, featuring two volumes of the original Dunhill "Greatest Hits" (from Clones I prepared) and the Ray/Betty Carter disc with bonus tracks plus the "Greatest Country And Western Hits" disc with bonus tracks, all silver versions.

An easy way to get all four of the original Dunhill Ray Charles CD's all in one place, new.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    THIRD UP, SOLD AS A SET ONLY!!!

16 sealed Japanese import compact discs licensed from DCC, with full Obi-strips sealed in shrink wrap, marked "promotional use only".

DCC licensed these 16 titles to PolyStar in Japan and I made sure I got one of each, sealed with Obi-won Kenobis intact.

Carefully prepared from digital clones of the DCC master tapes by me, this is a way to get the great SHELTER catalog plus RAY CHARLES and the BEACH BOYS discs all in one place. NOTE: I WILL NOT BREAK THE SET UP, MAKE AN OFFER FOR ALL 16 DISCS!

In no order these are the discs:

PolyStar-Shelter/The Best Of Leon Russell (expanded version)

Poly-Star Shelter/Leon Russell "Stop All That Jazz" (two bonus tracks)

Poly-Star Shelter/Leon Russell S/T with bonus track

Poly-Star Shelter/Leon Russell And The Shelter People S/T (three bonus tracks)

Poly-Star Shelter/Leon Russell "Hank Wilson's Back" (two bonus tracks)

Poly-Star Shelter/Leon Russell "Will O' The Wisp"

Poly-Star Shelter/Leon Russell "Carney"

Poly-Star Shelter/Leon Russell & Marc Benno "Asylum Choir" (5 bonus tracks!)

Poly-Star Shelter/Phoebe Snow S/T (one bonus track)

Poly-Star Shelter/Freddie King "Getting Ready" (two bonus tracks)

Poly-Star Shelter/The Best Of Freddie King

Poly-Star DCC/Ray Charles And Betty Carter (three bonus tracks)

Poly-Star DCC/Ray Charles "Greatest Country & Western Hits" (three bonus tracks)

Poly-Star DCC/Ray Charles "Genius + Soul = Jazz" (three bonus tracks)

Poly-Star DCC/Ray Charles "Ingredients In A Recipe For Soul" (four bonus tracks)

and last but not least:

Poly-Star DCC/The Beach Boys/"Lost And Found" (original yellow cover)

Once again, these nifty looking JPN Poly-Star import CD's are to be sold as a set and not broken up.

-------------------------------------------------

LAST UP:

DCC 24 Karat Gold CD's first Japanese manufactured pressings sealed in original long boxes:

GZS-1027 Ray Charles/Ingredients In A Recipe For Soul

GZS-1038 Creedence Clearwater Revival/Bayou Country (first mastering version)

GZS-1031 Creedence Clearwater Revival/Cosmo's Factory (first mastering version)

GZS-1023 The Doors/self-titled

----------------------------------------------------------------

2. Steve Hoffman

Got some offers:

16 Japanese DCC import titles: $400.00
    Ray Charles French UH-HUH $75.00
    GZS-1023 The Doors/self-titled $200.00.

Thanks!

3. The Kid

The Kid Active Member

Umm...wait a second. What do you mean by "first mastering version"?
    I am, or possibly was, the happy owner of both of these titles...and I'm suddenly thrown off-kilter by this statement. I wasn't aware that DCC remastered it's own remasters... :confused:

How do I tell which mastering I have?

Sorry for the hijack, but I've just been thrown for a loop :help:

4. Steve Hoffman

Made in Japan by Superior Disc, first mastering.

Made in USA by Nimbus or Sanyo (will say on surface of disc by hole) second mastering.

First version of Bayou Country had some level changes I didn't like. When it was transferred to the USA I reinserted three songs into the original CD master. Born On The Bayou, Proud Larry and Bootleg. In retro, I like my original mastering choices better, a bit more raw sounding, especially Proud Larry.

First version of Cosmo's Factory, same deal. I reinserted I Heard It Through The Grapevine and either boosted the volume or lowered the volume on the USA version, can't remember. No one would ever notice (or so I thought) but a few people have noticed over the years so I thought I'd mention it. This is nothing to write home about. :)

5. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Why is this needed if the forum has just been funded for two years?

6. The Kid

The Kid Active Member

Thanks for clarifying, sir.

Both of my discs are made in Japan, though there is no mention as to company of manufacture (Superior Disc?) on the matrix. So, I'm assuming I've got the (rawer :winkgrin: ) first pressings.

And if you're satisfied with the earlier versions...who the hell am I to argue?

7. Steve Hoffman

So, you want me to get our Forum Benefactor to not only pay the monthly bills but also fund the server upgrades? Can't do that; too much!

If you gave me a ride to work every day should I demand breakfast and lunch as well? Would you do that? :confused:

8. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

I didn't realize that monthly bills and server upgrades were two separate entities, only one of which was covered by the benefactor.

No slight intended; it just looked odd after the benefactor funded us for two years just a couple weeks ago. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had that perception.

9. Steve Hoffman

It's like almost $500.00 a month now to just keep this place up and running quickly... :sigh:

Next server upgrade comes from the SH Forums Kitty and at the rate we are growing it won't be long, gang. Both a blessing and a curse; mainly a blessing. So many great people hang out here and more signing up all the time. :wave:

10. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

Steve, couldn't you just apply the monies received from previous forum fundraisers and private donations towards future server upgrades, or hasn't enough been raised yet to cover say, the next couple of years?

11. Steve Hoffman

We have about four grand in the kitty now. I'd like to get a solid five in there. That would hold us for a few years (I think...) :sigh:

12. Okay, this is just getting more confusing...

Which version DOES HAVE the bootleg version of Proud Mary (called "Proud Larry") on it...that's the one I want... :confused:

Is it the version that was originally made in Japan by Superior Disc, or is it on the Made in USA by Nimbus (or Sanyo) disc???

:D

13. DanK

DanK Forum Resident

What's the problem? If you don't want any items from Steve's private collection, don't bid!

14. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Just think of this: Steve could easily "eBay" this stuff instead of offering it here to the members only. Damn nice of him, I'd say.

15. Steve Hoffman

Bootleg version of Proud Mary? I have no idea what you are talking about. BOOTLEG is a song on the second Creedence album.

Please 'splain! :confused:

16. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

No problem, I was just curious as to why there was a need for yet another forum fundraiser, that's all. A legitimate question, AFAIC.

17. Hey Steve,

I was just having a little fun.

In Post # 4 you wrote:

I was pretty sure you meant "Proud Mary" instead of "Proud Larry" ;) , but given the insane interest in anything "promo" or otherwise "unique" about DCC items around here, I put the word (song title) "Bootleg" before your incorrect spelling "Proud Larry", and then phrased my comments as though I thought you had revealed the existence of a bootleg of "Proud Mary" that was called "Proud Larry"...

Man, it wasn't THAT funny to begin with... but it really loses something (whatever it might have had, which wasn't much!) when you have to 'splain it...

Just nevermind...

:laugh:

18. Steve Hoffman

OK, I see. You were being larky.

Sorry, too busy to read every word today. I skim...

19. :righton:

20. Steve Hoffman

Scott,

An old joke between Kevin Gray and myself is to insert the name "Larry" whenever possible in a song title.

Proud Larry, Larry In The Sky With Diamonds, Larry-Anne, Smoke On The Larry, etc. Keeps us amused when the brain cells are floating around aimlessly.. :o

21. DanK

DanK Forum Resident

Hats off to you & Kevin.

22. No doubt it will now become a Forum phenomenon/inside joke too...

I can just see new members trying to correct people who purposely use the word "Larry" in a song title, and the rest of the members who are "in on the joke" acting like the new member is nuts...

23. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Yep. And I see a poll or something, "How Many Songs Can You Name With 'Larry' In the Title?"

Steve, thanks for making these gems available. And, for being open enough to share the information on the costs and such. This place remains great, starting from the top.

That would be Norm, of course.... :laugh:

24. Steve Hoffman

I guess we'd have to actually take the name Larry OUT of that song, eh?

25. RicP

RicP All Digital. All The Time.

Steve, can you clarify this a little bit? Is this a different mastering job from the regular 'Uh Huh'? If so, how does it differ and is it better/worse/indifferent from the US "Uh Huh" mastering?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.