Question about Scorpio LP releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sckott, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

I've been buying a lot of really good Jazz reissues that have made appearences at AcousticSounds (Fantasy/OJCs) and I've also noticed Scorpio has been making selected Blue Note reissues (vinyl.com). While their Dylan reissues are kinda stinky, the Jazz/Blue Note reissues have been very good for the money! Looking online it seems as if Scorpio doesn't really have an online entity?

Does anyone know of a link that provides a list of LPs Scorpio has in print? Thanks. :wave:

2. cvila

cvila Senior Member

I find it very, um....curious that there is no real info on exactly who Scorpio is. One thing that this forum taught me is that it is extremely difficult to license material yet there are tons of A+ titles Scorpio has released. You would think that someone in the print or on-line press (or even one of the bigtime or better vendors) would provide some info on this company.

3. Tetrack

Tetrack Forum Resident

Michael Fremer did apparently investigate them, but i haven't found any real info on this. They are basically listed as a distributor; no website, but you may be able to get a catalogue if you email them(according to some old google group results, at least)...

[email protected]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.