Backorders at yourmusic.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ianfaith1, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianfaith1

ianfaith1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I ordered 8 or 9 discs from them yesterday (bunch of jazz stuff). Got a message today saying ALL of the items are backordered. It also said that orders not filled within 30 days are canceled automatically.

Have you had backorders at yourmusic.com? If so, do they typically get filled before the month is up? I mean, I like the idea of getting music cheap as long as I can get the music. If backorders are the rule rather than the exception there, I may have to rethink my subscription.

2. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Yes and yes, though for the price I am patient and don't really mind if they arrive tomorrow or in three weeks.

Hope the Dylan box does not go on backorder though!

3. thestereofan

thestereofan Senior Member

Me too ...

Look at these, just got this email and every disc I picked is back ordered. I could see some BUT every stinkin one, come on?

This is crazy and I am NOT happy ...

Seems like a big scam to me.

Thank you for your recent yourmusic.com purchase. The following items from your order are currently backordered:

Elton John : Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (SACD Deluxe Edition - 2 CD/1 DVD)
    The Beach Boys : Friends & 20/20 (Remastered)
    Paul Simon : Hearts And Bones (Expanded & Remastered)
    Paul Simon : Paul Simon (Expanded & Remastered)
    Paul Simon : There Goes Rhymin' Simon (Expanded & Remastered)
    Paul Simon : Still Crazy After All These Years (Expanded & Remastered)
    Stephen Stills : Manassas (Remastered)
    Marvin Gaye : The Marvin Gaye Collection (SACD)
    Seals & Crofts : Seals & Crofts' Greatest Hits
    Miles Davis : Kind Of Blue (SACD Hybrid)
    Miles Davis Quintet : Relaxin' (SACD Hybrid)
    Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane : Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane (SACD Hybrid)
    Sonny Rollins : Tenor Madness (SACD Hybrid)
    Isaac Hayes : Shaft Soundtrack (SACD Hybrid)
    Isaac Hayes : Hot Buttered Soul (SACD Hybrid)

We'll do everything we can to fill your order as quickly as possible. If for any reason, we are unable to ship any item within 30 days, we'll notify you by e-mail, cancel the backorder, and your account will not be charged. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

4. ianfaith1

Well, that's good to know. I too can be patient. The prices ARE scary good. Tests my self control each and every day. :)

BTW, in case anyone missed it in the other thread (it's kind of buried in there), there's a way to get your discs for $4.99 instead of the usual $5.99. Just use this link to subscribe:

http://a.chtah.com/a/hBBnRfiAT9DbEAT9NMMAEY28iSa/ym1

If you've already subscribed, just cancel and rejoin. You'll need to use a new e-mail address, but otherwise it works like a charm. And you'll be saving an extra buck a disc.

5. ianfaith1

Wow. Looks like they might be having some growing pains. My guess is, they've had a HUGE influx of members in the last couple of weeks. I know many of my friends and coworkers who have jumped on the bandwagon. Hopefully, they can quickly bolster their supplies. If not, well, at least it's easy to cancel.

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Sounds like a lot of those Dylan SACD box sets will be sold to members on this site.

7. darbelob

darbelob Senior Member

This is a back-order related experience I had at Yourmusic. I had Paul Simon There Goes Rhymin Simon in my queue. When it came up in December, it apparently was on backorder (based on what I have read in other strings relating to Yourmusic). Yourmusic charged my card, but sent nothing. When I checked my account, Yourmusic showed my queue to be empty even though I had other items in the queue scheduled for later months. It appears that when a backordered item comes around in the queue, it does not skip to the next month. When I brought this to Yourmusic's attention, they gave me a "free" disc that really just was a disc in exchange for the charge they had levied against my card in December. Anyway, to avoid problems, it might pay to keep track of what is on backorder and remove those items from your queue if they are coming up soon.

8. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Here's another scary story: I ordered a Ornette Coleman title, that after 30 days of being backordered I was told I could not get anymore, so the order was canceled. Next day after getting that notice I saw the title was still available, so with a different user I ordered it again and it was shipped immediatley and it arrived at my home in the next 2 days. I wonder if there is a secret agenda behind this 'backordered' thing?

9. Tjazz

Sounds like a programing / update problem to me. :rolleyes:

10. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

H*o*l*y S******

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Had the faces box on backorder. It was auto-cancelled after 30 days with the generic message that they couldn't get it, it was being cancelled, etc.

I reordered (no need to use a different account). It was still on backorder, but after about two weeks, it shipped.

No conspiracy.

Kwad

12. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

H*o*l*Y S*-*-*T on that Dylan SACD box set price!!!! I just paid $180 at Tower a couple of weeks ago. When it didn't ship with the rest of the order, I worried that everyone was jumping on that price. HA!

13. Ryan

My Elton and Paul Simon were also briefly backordered. They both arrived though..

Also stock may be depleted because of the holidays.

14. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Or the run on Yourmusic by SH Forum members.... ;)

15. Ryan

Exactly. Stop it guys! I gotta get in there..

16. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

How much is the monthly fee at yourmusic.com? They don't make it easy to find that piece of info...

17. floyd

floyd Senior Member

$4.99 or $5.99 depending on which offer you get in on.

18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Kind of Blue - SACD hybrid ??

19. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I just ordered that Dylan box set. I can probably sell my singles for more than 4.99.

-Tom

20. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

What's weird about this site are the pictures that come up for each album-the way for instance an MFSL cover comes up for Hot Buttered Soul. And referencing the last post, why is SACD Hybrid indicated for Hot Buttered and also Kind of Blue? When I look at those titles, nothing about SACD is indicated.

21. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The same thing happened when I searched for Jorma Kaukonen's Blue Country Heart.

22. bresna

bresna Senior Member

You are much better off searching the http://www.bmgmusic.com site for titles you want, then go and order them from the yourmusic.com site. Clearly, the yourmusic.com has some errors in their pictures and descriptions. The stuff all comes from the BMG warehouse, so that's where you'll get the best description.

Kevin

23. Tjazz

My FACES box set finally today. I think I ordered it in October of last year.

I didn't pay them till after it arrived, so it was no big deal to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.