Steely dan SACD back on schedule in sweden!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Anders B, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dear all,

Sorry if this is old news but I just found out today that the rest of the Steely dan back-catalogue - including AJA! have a release date as of the 24th January here in Sweden!
    Found the information on Ginza.se (Swedish answer to Amazon) in their SACD section. Have not seen those on schedule for a while!

2. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Welcome aboard Anders.

This is the best news in quite awhile concerning these.

Maybe there is some hope after all.

3. tomd

tomd Senior Member

They do not show up on Universals New Format release page-under SACDs-upcoming releases.Will have to ask my A&R contact at UMG-Andy Mckaie about this

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Hmmm, I hope it's not a ghost-date!

5. Anders B

Thank you!

6. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Just received an email reply by Andy McKaie over at Universal-says they should not be scheduled at all

7. Anders B

Well, all I can say is that ginza.se is a VERY reliable company , they don´t put up stuff on their forthcoming release list unless they have it from good authority to do so. But who knows? We all have been burned before. Just thought that this might be a step in the right direction - some sign of life for those long awaited hi-rez releases after all.

8. tomd

tomd Senior Member

"Does Andy Know why these were pulled in the first place"-I asked him this when they first were pulled and he wouldn't comment.I do believe they're in development just from reading other rumours on them from other sources-I just don't believe UMG is ready to put them back on the official schedule just yet

9. Anders B

Just want to add that cdon.com ALSO have the Steely Dan SACD back-catalogue back on their release schedule. Let´s hope this turns out to be one of those "No smoke without fire" moments.

10. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Actually, this past summer, wasn't Scheiner still in the middle of mixing the surround albums when UMG's first round of release dates was announced? Could be the product was (and is) just nowhere near being ready. Remixing, then mastering, artist approval (heh, THAT could take months with Steely Don & Walt :D ), followed by manufacturing, distribution, etc.

11. Claude

Claude Senior Member

It's a typo on that swedish site. They meant ABBA, not AJA ;)

12. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

This seems like excellent news. I will be very happy even if I have to buy an import.

Steely Dan is one of my favorite bands.

13. Anders B

:laugh:

If they meant ABBA then I will not buy it because the darn SACD will probably be remastered by Jon Astely! :laugh:

14. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Despite this latest round of European site postings-according to my contact at UMG nothing is currently scheduled as far as Steely Dan and more SACDS-worldwide.

15. GaryW

GaryW New Member

Uh...did they list a year with that date?

16. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Right. None of the Steely Dan SACDs are on the Universal Music Release List. The good news is that there are some Classical Titles, Soundtracks and SACDs by the Carpenters and Beck due in early 2005. See the list at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=11394934

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.