Region Code Free DVD Player ...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by chip-hp, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat Thread Starter

FYI ... I just finished setting up a Phillips DVP 642/37 that I bought on Amazon last week for $64 delivered (the player was delivered to me the day after Amazon notified me that it was shipped ... even though I opted for "free shipping" ... and Amazon's order confirmation said it wouldn't be shipped until 11/24) ... after following the instructions in this thread I was able to watch a Region 2 DVD of Wild River ... I am looking forward to watching a Region 2 DVD of Zulu ... discussed in this thread ... BTW, thank you ... Christopher J :righton: ... for the xploited cinema.com recommendation where I purchased both DVDs ... as well as this one ...

2. Claude

Claude Senior Member

Once your player is region-free you will be able to play any region-limited DVD. The hack is not related to specific titles or regions.

3. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat Thread Starter

Thanks :) ... I am assuming that is a statement and not a question ... I do realize that ... I set the Region Code to 0 ... but since I haven't tried any other Region Code DVDs ... I didn't want to report that the player would play other Regions ... besides 0, 1 and 2 ...

4. Christopher J

Christopher J Norme Con Ironie

Glad I could be of service. :) May you have many happy region free days ahead.

5. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler

I love having a region-free player. I buy so much stuff from Amazon UK that it's not funny. So many titles will never be available as Region 1 discs. Recently got "Rising Damp" (box set with all 4 seasons), the Stella Street feature film, all three series of "Porridge" and the follow-up series "Going Straight", "Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible" (Steve Coogan) and lots of others.

Cheers,
    Chris

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I now have two DVD players that I made region-free. Denon DVD-3910 and LiteOn LVD-2001. BUT, I don't have a good source or many ideas on some good non-R1 discs to play on them. I've heard the R4 version of Brazil is good since it's anamorphic (unlike all R1's) and is NTSC, so it doesn't suffer from the 4% PAL speedup.

Chip-Hp, so your player does PAL->NTSC as well I assume?

7. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Good taste! I just brought the 'Only Fools and Horses' complete series 1-7 box. I love being region free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.