BMG's Yourmusic.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Impulse329, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Impulse329

Impulse329 New Member Thread Starter

Has anyone checked out Yourmusic.com? It's run by BMG Music Club. $5.99/disc with shipping. You set up a queue and they send one a month, and you can purchase any single disc at that price. Cancel anytime as well. Just picked up GBYBR SACD/DVD set for $11.98 the Zeppelin Complete Studio Recordings for $59.90, something that is never marked down on the regular BMG Music Club site.

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Can you get any other box sets @ $6/CD?

3. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

4. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Sounds complicated.

Your Music Queue: Your Music Queue is a great way to automatically add the CDs you want to your collection! Each month, you’ll receive the first available choice you’ve placed in your Music Queue. Creating your customized Queue is easy. You can add, remove and change the shipment order of CDs whenever you like. Only single CDs can be added to your Music Queue.

If your Music Queue is empty, we will send you e-mails reminding you to add CDs to your Queue for shipment. Remember, your credit card will be charged $5.99 each month, even if you do not have a CD in your Music Queue. So, please be sure to have a CD in your Queue one day before your shipment date. Otherwise, we cannot ship a CD for that month. If you keep your Music Queue filled with CDs, you'll never miss out on your favorite music!

5. proust78

proust78 Forum Resident

Let us know if they have the usual BMG barcodes, I'm guessing they're all from the same stock.

This seems like it could be pretty good for the casual fan. Maybe they'll add options for more discs per month, like 4 discs for $24 a month.

6. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Well I saw on the site the other day that the famed Atlantic Records box goes for $48.

7. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

This seems sort of interesting to me. What they're getting from a subscriber is a commitment to buy, at minimum, one single disk CD a month at a discounted price of $6 (shipping included). In exchange for that commitment, the subscriber gets the right to buy as many other disks he or she wants at the same or similarly discounted prices ($6 for a single disk, $12 for a double disk, and steep discounts on boxed sets--a bit better, it seems than the usual BMG boxed set prices). The cue, it seems, is just a way of keeping the product flowing smoothly without having to go through a separate transaction for each of the subscription items. I assume this cuts some cost to them? I also assume that the cue allows them to better predict and maintain their revenue levels?

So it's just a variation on the old club, but without the big deal first set of freebies and without the waiting for the best "sales" to come around. If I can imagine wanting one disk a month from the club, it might be worth it, but I fear that would last barely a year. Still the boxed set discounts without shipping are very, very attractive. I just bought the Faces box from BMG for $32.75, but if I were in this new club, I'd have been able to get it plus one other disk, say a Bob Dylan hybrid SACD, for about $30. A better deal.

L.

8. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I am so close to ordering a BUNCH of cds:

I'm almost ready to buy:

The Clash -Sandinista! (Remastered) 1 $11.98
    Various Artists - Atlantic Rhythm & Blues 1947-74 1 $47.92
    Stevie Wonder - Talking Book (Remastered) 1 $5.99
    Various Artist -A Gozar! Latin Grooves On Blue Note 1 $5.99
    GZA/Genius -Liquid Swords 1 $5.99
    Various Artists -The Definitive American Songbook, Vol. 2 (J-Z) 1 $5.99
    Isaac Hayes -Shaft Soundtrack (SACD Hybrid) 1 $5.99
    Run-DMC- Tougher Than Leather 1 $5.99
    Wes Montgomery - Incredible Jazz Guitar (SACD Hybrid) 1 $5.99
    Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness' First Finale (Remastered) 1 $5.99
    Various Artists - Verve/Unmixed 1 $5.99
    Billy Crystal - Mahvelous! 1 $5.99
    Sonny Rollins - Tenor Madness (SACD Hybrid) 1 $5.99
    Various Artists - Verve/Remixed 2 1 $5.99
    Chick Corea - Now He Sings, Now He Sobs (Remastered) 1 $5.99
    Stevie Wonder - Music Of My Mind (Remastered) 1 $5.99
    Various Artists - Blue Note Plays The Beatles 1 $5.99
    Soundtrack - Saturday Night Fever (Remastered) 1 $5.99
    Various Artists - Blue Note Revisited 1 $5.99
    Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane - Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane (SACD Hybrid) 1 $5.99
    Various Artists - Blue Note Plays Stevie Wonder 1 $5.99
    The Smiths - The Smiths 1 $5.99
    Vince Guaraldi Trio - Charlie Brown's Holiday Hits 1 $5.99
    James Carter - Live At Baker's Keyboard Lounge 1 $5.99
    Public Enemy - Revolverlution 1 $5.99
    Stevie Wonder - Innervisions (Remastered) 1 $5.99
    Miles Davis Quintet - Relaxin' (SACD Hybrid) 1 $5.99
    Ramones - End Of The Century(Remastered) 1 $5.99
    Various Artists - Woodstock '99-Blue Album 1 $5.99
    Various Artists - The Definitive American Songbook, Vol. 1 (A-I) 1 $5.99
    US3 -Hand On The Torch 1 $5.99
    Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (Remastered w/Bonus Tracks) 1 $5.99
    Soulive - Soulive 1 $5.99
    The Simpsons - The Yellow Album 1 $5.99
    The Simpsons - Songs In The Key Of Springfield 1 $5.99
    The Simpsons - Go Simpsonic With The Simpsons 1 $5.99
    Curtis Mayfield - The Very Best Of Curtis Mayfield 1 $5.99
    Vangelis -Odyssey - The Definitive Collection 1 $5.99
    Los Lonely Boys - Los Lonely Boys 1 $5.99
    The Specials -The Singles Collection 1 $5.99

Someone talk me out of it!!!

It cost $287 before tax.

-Tom

9. Ryan

That $48 for the Atlantic Box looks sweet, esp. considering Amazon wants $80 for it. Remember, some of those single discs you can throw in a queue, and they will ship once a month. No need to go crazy all at once - kill your wallet slowly! You can spread the $287 cost out over more time, if you're patient. Example: I have MCA Bill Haley From The Original Master Tapes, and a bunch of Paul Simon remasters in my queue. I'm set 'til June.

10. Horace Wimp

Horace Wimp The 39,891st Beatle

In case you don't know, the Los Lonely Boys title has just been re-issued with 3 bonus tracks and a DVD. If that matters to you, you might want to hold off on that title.

11. Dawson

Dawson New Member

Got my Shaft sacd today. Yourmusic.com works just like they said it would, no problems here and I'm tickled pink at the price. Oh, it does have the bmg barcode but I never really did give a hang about that stuff. Had the delicate task of asking my already downtrodden local indy store owner what he thought of the site. Hadn't heard of it but I'm sure he's checked it out thoroughly since then. Geez, he can order from them cheaper than he can get material from a distributor. He's too honest for that though, fates bless him. Will I order again, yep, sure will. Money talks as far as the music collection goes I'm afraid.

Best!

12. jahndhi

jahndhi Forum Resident

Nice batch o discs --
    1. I believe there is no tax, and
    2. You may do better on bmgmusic.com with one of their specials...
    either way, that's a nice haul!

13. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Theres Tax

14. Ryan

Not according to the charge on my credit card. 5.99. Of course it's my first so it could be an "introductory" special or something.

15. Ryan

My copy of Nashville Skyline SACD is barcode, FYI. Not sure about other discs as this was my first.

16. Tjazz

I'm tempted to join. But it seems like it's encouraging my addiction. Reading the 'fine' print, I think you can quit (cancel) at anytime.

Do you think executives from BMG and Yoursong read these posts?

17. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

of course we do!

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Great...I ordered the Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road 2CD+DVD set. It got here today. Or rather, SOMETHING got here today. Instead of EJ, I got Mariah Carey's Butterfly.

Hardly a fair trade...

Now I have to contact them to get this straightened out. And they don't have a phone number listed, so I have to go through their web page...I wonder how long that will take to generate a response...

Kwad

19. Ryan

Egads, I ordered the same thing from BMG, and it shipped two days ago! Hope I got the real thing.

20. Tjazz

What's interesting about this club -

Some 2-CD sets are priced at $5.99. Especially, the CD/DVD combos. Good deal.
    (the Bowie : Diamond Dogs 30th Anniversary edition (2CD) is priced at $5.99)

21. Tjazz

My first credit card charge was $6.47 (48 cents for tax)

22. ianfaith1

ianfaith1 Forum Resident

Joining yourmusic.com through the following link gets you an even better price: $4.99 per disc, shipped. Pretty tough to beat.

http://a.chtah.com/a/hBBnRfiAT9DbEAT9NMMAEY28iSa/ym1

If you've already joined, you can cancel your subscription then rejoin. You'll need to use a different e-mail address for your new account, but saving a buck per disc is certainly worth the effort.

23. househippie

househippie Forum Resident

No tax in Maryland. My invoices and credit card bills show a straight $5.99 per disc. Their selection is the same as BMG, but there's great deals on the box sets ($5.99 x number of discs in the set). I think I like the BMG selection better than Columbia House.

24. househippie

househippie Forum Resident

THANKS A MILLION!!! :wave:

You've saved me $1.00 per CD on future purchases (I just cancelled my old account and re-enrolled).

There's no end to the wonderful sharing of useful information on the Steve Hoffman forums! :edthumbs:

25. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I just signed up for the $4.99 per disc offer because they have The Marvin Gaye Collection on SACD.

Can't beat that price!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.