Best Price For Star Wars Trilogy DVDs

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MagicAlex, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus Thread Starter

Well...the 21st is just around the bend. I haven't seen any store flyers yet advertising sale prices for the SW set but I'm sure that the box will be very affordable in the first week of release. Retail seems to be around $80+.

Who has (or will have) the best prices out there?

Online, Best Buy and Buy.com are both advertising $44.95 for pre-order. Blockbuster has an in-store promo for the set plus 7 rentals for $59.

May the force be financially with us. :winkgrin:

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Hey there Kevin, good to have you back 'round ;)

Yep, just 3 short weeks away. I would imagine we'll see $44.99 as lowest advertised price, but you may catch Wal-Mart and Target doing a battle at $39.99 the first day.

3. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Amazon has had a $41.99 preorder price (with free shipping) for awhile now.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00003CXCT

Haven't preordered mine yet, but will probably do it through my own Associates account to make back a few percent. ;)

I think Deep Discount DVD had a nearly identical price as well.

4. GabeG

GabeG New Member

Well the list price is $70. I'd hope retailers aren't adding $10 to list.

5. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

Wow $70 is outrageous. That would be like $23 a movie. I expect to get it at Best Buy when it comes out for around $40-$50. $44.99 seems most likely to me.

6. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I won't tell you what I pre-ordered it for at the Fox Studio Store on the lot...

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I believe Best Buy will also be giving away copies of the "R2-D2 - Beneath the Dome" mockumentary with the Star Wars set.

Regards,

8. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Ken - Do you know if Best Buy includes these bonuses with online orders?

9. ezio gallino

ezio gallino New Member

last Laserdisc release only is giving up....

10. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It is not mentioned with the pre-orders. To be honest, there is also a chance I am wrong. I won't know for sure until I see the ad in the Sunday section of my paper.

Regards,

11. -=Rudy=-

$69.98 is the list price. $41.99 at Amazon is a good deal--I still haven't preordered, but with my kids on a Star Wars kick right now, I may go ahead and preorder it while the price is still low. Works out to $14/disc, and it's free shipping too. :)

12. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

What format are you going to order wide screen or full screen?

13. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Yes I believe you are correct. Right now you can pre-order the set on BestBuy.com for $44.99.

And yes, at least if you pre-order the set from BestBuy.com you get this as a bonus. My assumption is that this will also be available when the set is released for sale at Best Buy.

14. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Wide Screen all the way!!!! (And I will personally get my copy at BestBuy on day or release - that is if they have the best price - with the assumption you get the R2-D2 bonus disc).

15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

$23/movie is now considered "outrageous"??? :confused:

16. -=Rudy=-

For me? Wiiiiiiiiiiiiidescreen. :D My girls don't care one way or the other--my 5-year-old loves the dialog. "Will someone get that walking carpet out of here?" And, "Laugh it up, fuzzball!" :winkgrin:

17. fyrfytrhoges

fyrfytrhoges New Member

suncoast has it for 44.99 if you preorder it, i already did.

18. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Just preordered mine from the Best Buy site, and online orders do include the free mockumentary.

19. -=Rudy=-

Interesting--just checked the weekly print ads for Target and Best Buy. Unless I missed it, neither one shows the Trilogy.

I may go ahead and do my Amazon order tonight, while the preorder price is still $41.99. Locally, I'd have to get it for less than $39.61 for it to be a deal (since tax is 6% here).

The "bonus" disc doesn't interest me.

20. GabeG

GabeG New Member

It's a week too early. Why promote something not on sale for another week when there are other things to promote that are on sale.

PS.
    When you do get it, you won't be sorry!

21. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Deep Discount DVD just sent me shipping confirmation. $41.88 total (no tax, no shipping).

Can't wait.

-BZync

22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...the prices are great but the shipping id horendous! I could walk it faster...Doe the PO hold it or something? Never less than 10 days from point of destination...

23. -=Rudy=-

[​IMG] Cruds...I picked the wrong week again! :mad: I keep thinking this set is Sept. 14, not 21. My mistake!

24. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Grab your Sunday papers so you can pricematch at your store of choice: CompUSA, of all places, has the set listed at $39.99. I gave up on CompUSA years ago after getting gypped on rebates and dealing with ridiculous re-stock fees, so I'll be buying it at Best Buy by pricematching against the CUSA price.

25. James RD

James RD Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.