Mastering Of Vinyl Lp Of White Stripes Elephant

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by James Glennon, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Sounds terrible.

Try the US version instead. Much better mastering and cutting to vinyl.

3. stever

stever Senior Member

That's a bummer -- my copy isn't great, but terrible? I had a choice and went w/UK vinyl (heavier, but more expensive, too) just because the V2 domestic vinyl was much flimsier and I usually avoid colored vinyl. You've made comparisons then?

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yep. I thought the same as you. "Colored vinyl means it's possibly noisy and not engineered well". Well, sure. Just not this time.

For me, the difference was day and night. I later got a hold of the CD from a friend and listened to both. I liked the White/Red US vinyl best, but it matched the CD within reason. The vinyl was quiet too.

A few vinylites found the same to be true. The plus however, UK and US covers are different when you look closely.

In fact, it was a member on a certain double-a forum that had praised the US vinyl copy to be somewhat of a modern audiophile bargain if you liked Jack and Meg. I liked the music anyway, so the next time I went to Newbury Comics, they had the double vinly there for $15. How can you resist?

5. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Yesman really liked the British. Who mastered the U.S. and from what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.