Anyone own Buffalo Springfield - "Sell Out"?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GregY, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregY

GregY New Member Thread Starter

Anyone own a copy of this boot? It's one of the best boots I've heard in a long while - in terms of material, not sound quality. But unfortunately, every single copy I've heard has skips. I even tracked down an original silver and it had skips too!

I know there are at least 2 tracks that skip, including track 12 which skips between 2:12 & 2:24. I believe the silver I heard also had skipping on track 14 for a few seconds.

Can anyone with a copy of this let me know if their version is pristine or not?

If you're interested, this is what's on it:

2. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

re: track 16,I remember back in '90 someone advertised an acetate of a long version of Bluebird that was 9:30 in length as opposed to the 9 min version?? How long is the vers. on this disc???

3. GregY

GregY New Member Thread Starter

Track 16 is 9:37 in length.
    The "long version" on track 1 is 9:02.

4. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I have this disc. IIRC some Buffalo collectors have the long Bluebird with the extra Neil overdubs in much better quality than on this boot. BTW, Sell Out is a pretty good Neil number. It souds like a finished production and really should of been included on the boxset.

Chris

5. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

Yes, all the Sell Out CD's (I have a silver one) skip on those two songs - I suspect the skips are on the source tape, because I have the live tracks from the same show on another CD and they leave out the two tracks that skip - coincidence, or they didn't include them because the source tape was flawed?

6. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Mine skips too.

7. Mr. Winston

Mr. Winston New Member

Mine, an original silver, skips as well, but I got it for dirt cheap :shh: . I don't mind the skips that much as the live tracks are very murky to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.