Which Jethro Tull Deluxe Edition Would You Like to See Next?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nbakid2000, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge Thread Starter

Songs From the Wood. If Steven Wilson remixed this album, I would be all over it. Probably my favorite JT album after Benefit. I have the MoFi and regular remaster, and another copy with a remix/remaster would be very welcome in my home.

2. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

Benefit is the one most in need of a remix, preferably with the UK track order and both versions of "Teacher" as 2 of the bonus tracks.

3. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I'll also go with Bennyfit

4. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Benefit without a doubt.

5. nbakid2000

If it came down to either/or, I'd go with Benefit. If it came down to both were being done, I'd get Songs next. But yeah, Benefit needs it probably a lot more than Songs does.

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I'd like to see Amazon ship my Thick As a Brick

7. MoonPool

MoonPool Senior Member

Another vote for a Steve Wilson version of Benefit with a remix and a 5.1 version.

8. nbakid2000

Though I actually prefer the US track order vs the UK track order. Not sure if it's because I heard it first but the US flows better (to me).

9. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Stand Up, though I know there was a Deluxe Edition, I don't think it was done by Steve Wilson. Still my favorite Tull album.

10. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Benefit

11. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident

stand up

12. craig leonard

craig leonard Forum Resident

Songs From the Wood or Heavy Horses would top my list, but coming in close behind would be Minstrel in the Gallery. If only for a 5.1 "Baker St. Muse."

13. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Benefit.

My fave Tull album, but possibly their wonkiest recording. All compressed midrange. But what songs...

14. DaveJ

DaveJ Senior Member

Easy... Passion Play

15. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Benefit gets my vote.

16. Benefit.

17. jim mallett

jim mallett Active Member

i like to see the aqualung and TAAB glitches fixed, and replacement discs sent.
    otherwise, forget tull. i’m done being ripped off.

18. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Anything he'd like to do

19. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

I don't really need a remix for any of them (though I recognize that's essentially what is being discussed here), but if you want to talk about a whole deluxe edition package, then give me A Passion Play + complete Chateau D'Isaster Tapes.

I would also enjoy a deluxe edition or box set of live material from the late 70's... include Bursting Out if you must, but I'd like to hear complete concerts from this era (realizing that tapes don't exist for the TAAB and APP tours which would be my first choice).

Thinking aloud, I'm also kind of surprised that a complete BBC sessions set hasn't been released before.

Whatever the release is, I would really like to hear a complete concert for whatever corresponding album gets the next deluxe/remix treatment. The one thing that made the Stand Up deluxe release interesting was the complete Carnegie Hall concert - give me more of this.

20. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

B E N E F I T !

21. Passion Play makes the most sense to me. Great 5.1 potential and tons of great bonus material when you consider all the Chateau Disaster tracks available.

22. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

Stand Up should've gotten the 5.1 treatment. But I would like to see Minstrel in the Gallery, and just maybe I will like Passion Play after hearing a 5.1 mix of it...The Chateau DIsaster tapes are much better.

23. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

Benefit or Heavy Horses... Stormwatch too: amazing album, but the drums sound like Barrie is beating on wet cardboard boxes...

24. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Benefit

Great album that needs more attention. A nice remastering job plus a disc of live material and b-sides.

A Passion Play

A bonus disc of a live 1973 show, plus another disc of the abandoned 1972 "Chateau D'Isaster" album, featuring the properly sequenced sides 1-3 with the missing tracks.

25. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

NEXT, in order...pick up six.
    Minstrel in the Gallery
    Songs From the Wood
    Heavy Horses
    A Passion Play
    WarChild
    Benefit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.