Beatles Remasters on Vinyl, part 3, etc.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Johnson, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Johnson

Larry Johnson Senior Member Thread Starter

2. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I was just about to post this, too! GREAT news!

3. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

4. drivingfrog

drivingfrog Calm down, have some dip.

AVALANCHE!!!

5. Burto

Burto Forum Resident

This forum is going to get A LOT busier shortly.....just in time for the shut-down. :)

6. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I'm surprised this thread hasn't already hit part 2. It's been seven whole minutes... :)

7. Bill Cormier

Bill Cormier Forum Resident

Now my friends can stop bugging me about when this is coming out (like I had anything to do with it !) They think of me as the vinyl guy I guess !

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Sure sounds good from the press release. Of course, there are a lot of ways a project like this can go wrong.

It would be nice to find this edition is generally accepted as definitive.

9. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Hard to believe this isn't an April Fools joke in September!!
    Shouldn't complain but how come no mono?
    I have often wondered how this release will affect the vinyl prices of original Parlaphone or Japanese pressings.
    Glen

10. whaleyboy

whaleyboy Senior Member

Cool - just in time for Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to find out how it all sounds. The description was very vague with regards to mastering information but I will think happy thoughts.

11. no Mono?

12. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Cut from digital files.

13. Natt

Natt Forum Resident

Sourced from the original master tapes (via digital remastering) is not the same thing as cut from the original master tapes. Still, I'm sure the box will look nice next to the MFSL box and blue box....

14. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

...and this will not be a full analog release...:(

...AND it looks like we will have the same changes that were made to the CDs ("I Want You" tape edit taken out - all these years thought it was John's toggle switch, etc.).

Looks like I will be saving $400...

15. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

Pass.

16. Are we sure about this? The release I got from Music Direct states that the albums have been "meticulously remastered in a painstaking process." It doesn't say anything else regarding the source.

Had anyone read anything that confirms they have been remastered from digital? Or is this just speculation?

17. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

18. ajax25

ajax25 Forum Resident

Limited Edition!!!!!!! OMG order in the next 5 minutes or miss out forever!

19. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

There is no longer any need to pay hundreds of dollars for Japanese pressings.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Ok - this is funny...not only that, but this is more expensive than finding a BC 13 box!

20. Suppertime

Suppertime Member

The Beatles Stereo Albums 180g 16LP Limited Edition Box Set

You've Waited Long Enough: The Definitive Analog Beatles Catalog Is Here

All 12 Studio Albums plus Magical Mystery Tour and Past Masters in a Stereo Box Set

Sourced from the Original Master Tapes

Cut at Abbey Road Studios by a First-Rate Team of Producers and Engineers

This box set is not eligible for any discounts.

Twist and shout, shout, shout: The Beatles are at long last getting the treatment they’ve always deserved on vinyl. The most anticipated catalog reissues in music history have arrived and feature the pristine remastering that fans have craved for decades. Your wishes have come true: Every Beatles album. Every official Beatles song. Faithfully reproduced album jackets. All in this glorious box set.

Proper care and a painstaking series of steps were taken to ensure that music lovers would hear the Fab Four in all their glory. With EMI’s legendary Abbey Road Studios providing the backdrop, the four-year restoration process combined veteran expertise, state-of-the-art equipment, vintage studio gear, and rigorous testing to net what is without doubt the highest fidelity possible and authentic, jaw-dropping sound guaranteed to rival the original LPs. There is no longer any need to pay hundreds of dollars for Japanese pressings.

At the start of the restoration process, engineers conducted extensive tests before copying the analog master tapes into the digital realm using 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and a Prism A-D converter. Dust build-ups were removed from tape machine heads after the completion of each title. Artifacts such as electrical clicks, microphone vocal pops, excessive sibilance, and poor edits were improved upon as long as it was determined that doing so didn’t at all damage the integrity of the songs. Similarly, de-noising technology was applied in only a few necessary spots and on a sum total of less than five of the entire 525 minutes of Beatles music. Compression was also used sparingly and only on the stereo versions to preserve the sanctity of the dynamics.

A rigorous string of checks and balances ensured that the results exceeded expectations. Subject to numerous playback tests, songs were auditioned by the remastering team to determine if any lingering mistakes needed correction. The restored versions were also compared side-by-side against the original vinyl pressings (loaded into Pro Tools), and then again auditioned in the same studio where all recent Beatles projects, including Love, were mixed. Once all EQ issues had been addressed, another round of listening litmus tests occurred in still another location. Finalization required the approval of everyone involved in the remastering process. For this project, there was no such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. Yes, it took a village to get it right.

Each album features original U.K. vinyl album artwork, original U.K. track listings, expanded booklets containing original and newly penned liner notes, recording notes, rare photos, and fold-out packaging. Everything comes housed in a tall, glossy, hard black lift-top case augmented with a magnetic clasp.

21. Suppertime

Suppertime Member

The Beatles Stereo Albums 180g 16LP Limited Edition Box Set

You've Waited Long Enough: The Definitive Analog Beatles Catalog Is Here

All 12 Studio Albums plus Magical Mystery Tour and Past Masters in a Stereo Box Set

Sourced from the Original Master Tapes

Cut at Abbey Road Studios by a First-Rate Team of Producers and Engineers

This box set is not eligible for any discounts.

Twist and shout, shout, shout: The Beatles are at long last getting the treatment they’ve always deserved on vinyl. The most anticipated catalog reissues in music history have arrived and feature the pristine remastering that fans have craved for decades. Your wishes have come true: Every Beatles album. Every official Beatles song. Faithfully reproduced album jackets. All in this glorious box set.

Proper care and a painstaking series of steps were taken to ensure that music lovers would hear the Fab Four in all their glory. With EMI’s legendary Abbey Road Studios providing the backdrop, the four-year restoration process combined veteran expertise, state-of-the-art equipment, vintage studio gear, and rigorous testing to net what is without doubt the highest fidelity possible and authentic, jaw-dropping sound guaranteed to rival the original LPs. There is no longer any need to pay hundreds of dollars for Japanese pressings.

At the start of the restoration process, engineers conducted extensive tests before copying the analog master tapes into the digital realm using 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and a Prism A-D converter. Dust build-ups were removed from tape machine heads after the completion of each title. Artifacts such as electrical clicks, microphone vocal pops, excessive sibilance, and poor edits were improved upon as long as it was determined that doing so didn’t at all damage the integrity of the songs. Similarly, de-noising technology was applied in only a few necessary spots and on a sum total of less than five of the entire 525 minutes of Beatles music. Compression was also used sparingly and only on the stereo versions to preserve the sanctity of the dynamics.

A rigorous string of checks and balances ensured that the results exceeded expectations. Subject to numerous playback tests, songs were auditioned by the remastering team to determine if any lingering mistakes needed correction. The restored versions were also compared side-by-side against the original vinyl pressings (loaded into Pro Tools), and then again auditioned in the same studio where all recent Beatles projects, including Love, were mixed. Once all EQ issues had been addressed, another round of listening litmus tests occurred in still another location. Finalization required the approval of everyone involved in the remastering process. For this project, there was no such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. Yes, it took a village to get it right.

Each album features original U.K. vinyl album artwork, original U.K. track listings, expanded booklets containing original and newly penned liner notes, recording notes, rare photos, and fold-out packaging. Everything comes housed in a tall, glossy, hard black lift-top case augmented with a magnetic clasp.

22. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

Glad it's finally coming out, but I'll save my pennies for the Mono box. If it comes...

23. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

stick to my blue box

may try one or two out for sonics

24. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Fingers crossed for HDTracks versions...

25. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

LOL they a playing the limited edition scam again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.