McCartney "Ram" Reissue News (Part Four)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff Thread Starter

2. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Eagerly awaiting for the stores to open up in the morning.

3. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

Wow :cool:

Got the Special Edition yesterday and must say they did a really good job with the remaster. It sounds as if it was recorded yesterday, very clear, not too loud IMO.
    Now skip the Wings Over America remaster and give me Wild Life Paul!

4. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

I picked up the 2-CD yesterday.

Had a quick listen on headphones last night and, despite being very well acquainted with this album, there were percussion elements in Dear Boy for example, which I’d never heard before – I do wonder if I’m simply listening too loud and looking for differences, but it was definitely new to me. Other early impressions are that there isn’t the “air” around Denny’s drums on the intro to Oh Woman Oh Why as on my needledrop, but the hi-hat in the verses of that song is coming through clearly for the first time. Oh, and the Jon Kelly mix of A Love For You is DREADFUL! :thumbsdn: (whatever one’s complaints over the mastering, David Kahne really got the mix right on this song)

Will be digging in very deeply over the next few days… :)

5. ZoSo794

ZoSo794 Forum Resident

6. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

7. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Regarding "Great Cock And Seagull Race", there must be a mistake in the credits since it says "Performed by Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, Denny Seiwell and Henry McCullough"!

Unless the version present here has some uncredited post-January 1972 overdubs, I don't see Henry McCullough performing on a McCartney track almost one year before he joined Wings (the version we have here was recorded on 23 Feb 1971 and mixed on 13 July 1971).

At the same time, the style of the guitar playing reminds me of Henry McCullough... so what are your thoughts about this?

Too bad cb70 or Etcetera, to name but two, weren't asked to proofread the book, it's the kind of thing any Wings fan would notice immediately.

tug_of_war likes this.
  8. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Meanwhile, the wait for any kind of shipping notification from Topspin goes on...

9. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

Just downloaded the Hi RES version. Shouldn't there be some artwork in there? Well, there's none. Bummer.

10. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

that is disappointing IMO...how hard is it to include a pdf file?

11. Paul H

Does the hi-rez include the two online only tracks (Uncle Albert Jam and Eat At Home/Smile Away)?

12. gibtti

gibtti Senior Member

The burning question!!!!

Chris

13. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Exactly! I don't understand why other retailers ship before the street date and a pre-order on McCartney's website can't even ship on street date...

14. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I kept waiting for the guy to impale himself with that carving knife--the rest was pretty boring. :)

15. Just got my download link via email--I ordered the deluxe box and it should be shipping soon. Does anybody know if these "opening day" downloads are hi-res, or do I have to wait for the box to arrive and use the download card?

16. furleyman

furleyman Member

As of this morning both Amazon US and Canada have the mono vinyl listed as shipping between 1-2months and 2-6 months respectively

17. Paul H

They're flacs/Apple Lossless/mp3's of the redbook mastering.

18. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

5.6G for the limited/unlimited hi-rez from topspin, getting pretty good speeds avg 800 KB/s

19. Thanks. I guess I'll download them and delete once I receive the hi-res unlimited files. Hopefully the two bonus tracks will be included in the hi-res download but something is telling me they won't be. We'll see.

20. Question: were the two Band on the Run live bonus tracks offered in hi-res? My download link supplied me with mp3 files (instead of lossless).

21. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

Is this for pre-orders as well? Mine still (very cryptically) says "shipping soon."

22. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

The two digital only bonus tracks are definitely part of the unlimited HiRes files you can download with your deluxe box set code!

23. da1slicksta

da1slicksta New Member

That's interesting....I had a message from Amazon US yesterday afternoon that my Mono vinyl had shipped...:sigh::eek:

24. furleyman

furleyman Member

Same for me:confused:

25. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

Good. So much for everyone obsessing over semantical interpretations of pre-release press descriptions and canceling their Amazon orders. Haha. I kept mine and it gets delivered today. The McCartney.com orders are sill waiting to ship, correct?

I love the frenzy surrounding this stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.