Is There A Timeline Yet For The Steve Wilson Thick As A Brick?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by *Zod*, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am eagerly awaiting this release, more so than the great job done on Aqualung. Anyone heard anything?

2. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

September

3. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Me too.

4. tootull

Blame EMI if it's late, they are in control.

5. tootull

6. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

TAAB 2 is being billed as "Ian Anderson's Jethro Tull"..does this mean there were two versions of JT? And that's why Ian put his name there? I don't understand!:confused:

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

When a solo artist from a big name group doesn't have enough name recognition on their own they have to find a way to slip the bands name in.

8. tootull

Ian Anderson said: "To many people I was Jethro Tull, because I was the front man and very often I was the person depicted on the album cover and the rest of the group, not to do them down, but there have been 28 members of Jethro Tull, but at the end of it all, it’s synonymous with me. I guess there’s been for me an uncomfortable sort of alter ego about it, but it’s not really that I’m two different people. For me, doing an Ian Anderson concert as opposed to a Jethro Tull concert, frankly the only difference, in terms of my personal awareness when I’m standing on a stage performing, the only difference is essentially what it says on the ticket."

9. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

[Quote:
    In September, TAAB 1 and 2 will be released together as a vinyl package. ]

That's not what most folks are waiting for, at least me - we want the 5.1 surround dvd/blu-ray. TAAB has already had a good redbook mastering on the MFSL cd.

10. tootull

TAAB1 - All is done. I expect that the surround sound version is to be released in September, too. Fingers crossed!

11. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Actually on the Disc packaging of TAAB2 it is billed as Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson - which has quite a different meaning from the "incorrect" - Ian Anderson's Jethro Tull...

So for all intents and purposes "Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson" would mean TAAB2 is a "solo" project - with an indication that Ian Anderson is a member of Jethro Tull and not that TAAB2 is a Jethro Tull album (which is what Ian Anderson's Jethro Tull would indicate).

12. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

G'day,

Looking forward to a Steven Wilson rejig of TAAB, as I loved his Aqualung mix.

I'm hoping there's a simple CD/BluRay package so I can get the hi-res version without having to shell out for a $130 box set, but I think I'm gunna be disappointed.

--Geoff

13. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Love the Aqualung set. Being a record lover the vinyl addition is the cherry on top for me. Can't wait for this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.