Expensive but a strong recommendation: Schnerzinger Cables and molecular treatments

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by blue, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue

blue Mastering rules Thread Starter

Referring to the following post within another thread, I answer to "Turntable" by starting a thread in the hadware section instead.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=5979741&postcount=307

Now I can tell more than in 2010, because the company, of which I use prototypes for a long time is now founded. I'm not in a special relation to them except, because I live nearby, I had the chance to use their products in an early phase together with a few other music lovers (like me) and audio professionals around the world.

Now they have a Website, also in an english version, where you can read a lot about it, so I don't have to explain much more.

All that sounds as if they found what everyone aims for...but I tell you, they really have. If you only try out their cheapest product line, you will loose your interest in the rest of the current high end cable business regardless of price, and if you use their molecular treatment within the whole set up, you start reading Hifi magazines for record reviews only.

http://www.schnerzinger.com

For those who look for highest reference cables of other brands (with price tags of cars) cheap...they can buy many trade ins on their website, too.

Would be interested if there are members here, who also already listen with Schnerzinger products...

2. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

But they don't tell you what this amazing process is....

First red flag.

3. Philimon

Philimon Member

These cables do it all? The lows, mids, and highs?

4. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

For the right amount I can let you in on the "amazing process"....:D

5. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Exactly, what do these cables cost?

6. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I'm always interested in things like this, so I'll check out the site

7. rcspkramp

rcspkramp Forum Resident

Well, it can't be all bad, they engage in "atomic crushing".

8. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Same here.

9. Dougr33

Dougr33 Forum Resident

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I hope it involves cryonics, green pens, and dangerous Tesla radiation.

11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

12. Dougr33

Dougr33 Forum Resident

Wow... pricing for "Level X10.000" is by request only. That would be the Extra Super Molecular Processing--probably performed only on the space station. The price on these will come down when Gingrich puts his colony on the moon though!

13. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

I wouldnt joke about that too much. Some laughed a bit, but its stuff that actually is in the planning, not by him, but in reality. :shh:

14. Metralla

I read the whole thing, and agree - the process was not described.

15. blue

Yeah, I guess it's a bit like Bridgestone or Michelin won't publish the rubber formular of their tires, they just all tell, they make the best tires ;) Therefore I must say, there's at least pretty much basic information available around their approach.

But I agree, on the search for red flags, one will be successful wherever things are sold and advertised...in case of Hifi it's simple...you just have to listen and you know if it's bullshi*ting or not ;)

16. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

IF it were only that easy....:D

What I tend to do is listen, read a lot, see if there are any real scientific fundamentally true reasons why something would do what they claim. It there are not, I tend to listen with a more skeptical mindset.

Sometimes a crazy or unreal seeming claim or process, is simply that.

17. blue

The thing is: yes, but you won't talk about highs, mids and lows anymore, more likely about energy, pace, dimensionality, at the end "realism"...the rest is just there and not in a way one wants to analyze...

I think quite some Audiophiles may have made this experience, when everything "snaps in" or "fits together". Then you start to listen fascinated into the music and into the recording and your gear is just standing around wasting floorspace...

18. blue

Yes I understand and agree...It's harder to buy a Ferrari not knowing anything about their scientific research, race experience and history, than with a wide knowledge about this. I'm also interested in these backgrounds.

I can only recommend to contact them, probably you will get more details, even if not all their secrets ;) To me, all I know about what they do sounds like the most scientifically complex approach done in Hifi business. Luckily it was successful...

19. Metralla

Or comparing to another - so can I ask what cables you have compared these to and what you heard?

All very desirable.

20. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

I hate to go all practical and electronic about this, but you guys do realize there is a VERY easy way to compare what any 2 cables are doing?

Listening tests mean nothing in most cases, but its quite easy to test a cable of any type. Not a straight test showing what it does, but test it against another cable deemed to be lesser in quality. All one has to do is look at it from a standpoint of, its simply a simple circuit, and use basic circuit analysis on the 2 cables and attempt to null a vareity of signals through both and with one inverted, ALL differences will be immediately apparent.

Its as simple as showing what goes on one end and what comes out the other end, and doing that with multiple cables, taking the one we are concerned with and inverting the phase of the signal on the ones we are comparing it to and seeing if any difference in output signal is present.

Im somewhat simplifying it, but listening tests are not valid with stuff like this. Its much more accurate to simply test it as a part of a circuit. It either conveys the electrical signal ( in this case an AC signal representing sound ) exactly, or it modifies the signal. A good high resolution scope with multiple inputs will easily determine this.

I realize this takes away the subjective impressions, of what it sounds like, but arent we really concerned with if its doing anything special, not if we think it does something special?

21. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

Atomic crushing? Count me in!

Personally I believe that cables do make a difference. One of my better upgrades was to some Audioquest Colorado interconnects and CV 8 speaker cables. They have some sort of battery pack that sets up an isolation field. I think they made a difference and the sound is better. However, I got them on the used market for a couple hundred bucks, that was an acceptable price. I would never have spent what these things are brand new.

22. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

I prefer my atoms to reach my speakers intact. PWK takes care of the crushing.

23. Metralla

Of course they are. Listening tests in your system in your home.

24. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Not realistically though. A listening test in ones home simply lets ones built in personal biases or perceptions, color what they hear, expect to hear, or think they hear.

Not to get all mumbo jumbo with human perception, but a wire can only degrade the sound. The extent it can will vary from not at all, to perhaps a bit.

A wire or cable will not make the sound "better", per se. IF that is the case, its simply showing a gross imbalance somehow between speaker and amp, and the wire would have to add a noticable amount of coloration by interacting in a bad way.

A wire is incapable of bettering the sound by its very nature.
    It either conducts the signal perfectly or it doesnt.

Connecting a speaker directly to the amp outputs with no speaker wire at all would be the ultimate goal.

Anything else is simply a very very slight degradation by adding the tiny extra signal path of a cable.

No matter how I figure it, with simply circuit analysis, you either get the same signal the amp is outputting or you get a slight variation on it.

:confused:

After all we are simply conveying an AC signal and that is all that is coming out the other end. Its not magic, music or sound. The wire simply "sees" an AC voltage of varying strength, frequency and phase.

Its all easy to calculate and determine if the original signal remains intact or does not, for sure.

25. Metralla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.