Prisencolinensinainciusol

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Snashforce, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snashforce

Snashforce Living Stereo Thread Starter

2. Picca

Picca Forum Resident

First version is the original one from a tv show. Live version is by a lookalike, impersonator.

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

LOVE this, had it on my iTunes for a couple of years now, forwarded my way by a friend. Can anyone tell me anything else about this dude? I'd love a little background info. SUCH a great jam!

4. As I've said before, this reminds me of some sort of wacky cross between The Velvet Underground (w/ Nico) and Up With People.

5. hutlock

Whenever it comes on, I am compelled to do that fun hip-thrusting dance they do all over this video. I can't help it!

6. Picca

Picca Forum Resident

Celentano is one of the biggest stars in Italy since the early sixties. He began with Rock 'n Roll, swing and jive moving like a demented Jerry Lewis. Later he started to sing songwriter's stuff always with a surrealistic flavor, he became a movie and tv star. Priencolin...is considered a proto-hip hop, and it's based on the fact that many italian singers, when they demo a song in a primitive state, the tend to sing in a sort of fake-english, and after they gonna stick some words on that trace. He had the brilliant idea to release the song in that imitation of english sounds. It was supposed to be a stompin' talking blues, but he did like those non-sense words. The beautiful woman that duets with him in that old tv video in the classroom is his wife, Claudia Mori.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  7. hutlock

Cool, thanks for the info!

8. Picca

Picca Forum Resident

9. nonantolaslim

nonantolaslim Forum Resident

Nice lesson Picca, also for another italian like me. Cheers, mate.

10. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Bump, just because it's one of the best things ever. This song was to let people know how English sounds to Italians...total jibberish.

ElwoodPDowd and Dudley Morris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.