Pre-emphasis question...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Paul K, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member Thread Starter

Ok, so graciously I have been sent by a member a copy (and it should be arriving this week!) of a CDR of the Toshiba Abbey Road. Real cool right?

It is, but I know that the gracious member doesn't have the proper configurations on their burner sofware to deal with the pre-emphasis set on the copy so it is gonna be tinny as hell.

I would like to take this copy and immediatly burn it properly with the proper curves restored etc...

I have searched all the appropriate threads but I am still confused. I am running EAC. Is that all I need? Is it a matter of turning the flags on?

What to do...

2. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

Use EAC. On the cue sheet make sure you have a line that says De-Emphasis on for each song. That's it. There may be a global setting that works too but I don't know how to do it that way.

There's a thread on the Forum that describes the process. If I can find it I'll post the URL.

3. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

Here you go:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10981&perpage=20&pagenumber=4

The abbreviated process was described by Ocdman thus:

To set the pre-emphasis bit in Exact Audio Copy you need to manually edit the CUE sheet using the editor in EAC.

Here's an example.

Pre-emphasis off (default):

FILE "C:\Track01.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

FILE "C:\Track02.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Pre-emphasis on:

FILE "C:\Track01.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    FLAGS PRE