Beatles Box Sets Price Watch (Part 8)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Wong, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Wong

Jeff Wong Gort Thread Starter

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

This thread needs a line chart. :D

3. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

Are you volunteering?

4. MRT

MRT Forum Resident

holy crap i missed the Amazon sale at $99.

im going to get this thing at a decent price one of these years.

5. inthedark

inthedark Forum Resident

Finally...got it for $99 !!

6. MRT

MRT Forum Resident

lucky.

i checked on Bestbuy's website earlier and they are listing it for 500 something... yeah. ok BB.

7. Wmacky

Wmacky Forum Resident

8. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

I wonder if they are still manufacturing these things. And if not, how much inventory is left? After Bull Moose had their $99 deal last year, they apparently completely sold out as they don't list the set as available on their website anymore.

9. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

When are the sets coming out? Is there a press release?

10. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

I'd imagine they'll be out in time for the Christmas season.

11. gklainer

gklainer Forum Resident

12. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Based on what I paid when the mono edition was first released, it makes me ill every time I see these discounted prices. I feel like I got robbed.

13. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Hate to say it but...what did you expect :(?

14. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

They are trying to get rid of these before the Deluxe Blu-Ray versions come out.

15. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Is this true?

Given that at least one trusted audiophile dealer was asking $450 for preorders on 9/8/9, I expected the price would go up, and that the $279 I paid would prove to be a bargain, relatively speaking. Mind you, I think EMI did the right thing making more copies, but I wasn't expecting it. The Beatles in Mono was, after all, a "limited edition."

16. mjthomas001

mjthomas001 Forum Resident

:righton:

17. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

This was a major release and it should have been handled better. The mono set was advertised a limited production run, but that turned out to be BS. If they kept to what was advertised it would have held its value. At the very least, later mono boxes should have been marketed differently to make the original box a collector's item. They should have been numbered too.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for those getting a great deal. Enjoy the music!!!

18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No.

19. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Thanks.

20. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I might plunk down a Benjamin Franklin on one of these if they're numbered.

21. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Heck, last summer I paid $150 for a USED one, and thought it was a good deal!

22. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

$99.99 at your local Best Buy (or at the Best Buy website) is an absolute steal.

If anyone out there has been either on the fence about finally getting one or has mulled over getting a back-up sealed copy, you would be a Fool On a Hill if you don't pull the trigger on this deal.

Just venturing a guess. I wouldn't doubt if this will be considered 'out of print' by the end of summer. I have always wondered what the production number is on this title. Both from the 1st pressing and the 2nd pressing that continues to languish on store shelves.

One thing I know for absolute dead sure, this box set is a masterpiece.

23. Well you've enjoyed it all this time. I got mine for a little less and don't regret buying it and enjoying it all this time (since 9/09)

The reality is that prices will go down over time but if you've enjoyed it during that time you've gotten value out of it that makes up for the additional $ you spent.

24. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

Wow, Mono box for $99 at Bull Moose, Amazon, now Best Buy.

Too bad the Stereo box never seems to go on sale....just that one time when Amazon had it for $99 for a few hours.

25. Totally concur with your points. All indications point to this being a stock clear-out at reputable retailers. The only thing that will be left on the market after this deal might very well be counterfeits from auction sites and secondhand sellers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.