Pink Floyd 2011 / 2012 release schedule on Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zbinks, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zbinks

zbinks Forum Resident Thread Starter

According to Amazon.com, the whole catalog appear to be set for standard edition rereleases on 09/27/2011. We also get:

The Dark Side Of The Moon - Immersion Box Set

and

The Dark Side Of The Moon - Experience Version

On 11/08/2011 we get the following:

Wish You Were Here - Immersion Box Set

and

Wish You Were Here - Experience Version

and

A Foot in the Door - The Best of Pink Floyd

On 02/28/2012 we get:

The Wall - Experience Version

The Immersion box sets will be 5 - 6 discs. Looking at DSOTM, it appears we will be getting 4 cds, 1 DVD and 1 Blu Ray plus a slew of other goodies.

The Experience versions will be 2-3 cds.

Looking at the enlarged pictures on the Amazon website, we're in store for some live tracks and outtakes.

2. Norm Apter

Norm Apter Well-Known Member In Memoriam

Holy ....! I never heard anything about these...do you or anyone else have any more info? I wonder if either of the Dark Side packages will include those wonderful earlier '72 versions (i.e. The Travel Sequence, The Mortality Sequence, etc) of the tracks on the album.

I'll definitely be down for the DSOTM and the WYWH "experience versions" if not the "immersions" (depending on the actual content), but probably not The Wall.

3. zbinks

I heard only that there was a possibility of a forthcoming release. I just happened to be browsing through Amazon when I came across the best of disc and then suddenly noticed that most of catalog is getting rereleased with special editions forthcoming for Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here and The Wall.

4. Sign me up for the 3 disc "THE WALL - EXPERIENCE VERSION" whatever the heck that means! :righton:

I'm getting it! :thumbsup:

5. Holy ****ing ****!! :goodie:

But, wait, no Animals?? :confused:

6. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Let the speculation begin

7. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Just checked the Pink Floyd web site, no info yet about these releases.

8. zbinks

9. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

If these sets are real and include bonus discs with real bonus material such as outtakes and live tracks versus 5.1 surround sound discs, then this is announcement is beyond a dream come true.

10. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Then there's this.

Oh By The Way... Here's Another One!

11. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

so, pf albums are something u just reissue time after time after time? dude i guess cause so many new people are going to get into it, they need to press em. its like, if you are just getting into PF, you dont get to do black triangle. u need to EARN black triangle, dig?

12. readandburn

readandburn Active Member

I hate when record companies just release the same stuff over and over again...but I'm very curious about these.

13. zbinks

I can't read much off of the Dark Side of the Moon pictures, but if you look at the enlarged picture for cd 2 on the the Wish You Were Here Experience Version lists you can make out some of the tracks that are included.

There appear to be three or four tracks from their Wembley concert in 1974. A track called Wine Glasses from their Houshold Objects project, which I believe was the original plan for their followup to Dark Side of the Moon, an alternate version of Have a Cigar and Wish You Were Here with Stephane Grappell.

14. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Zooming in on the DSOTM discs, the Blu-ray disc has a 5.1 surround sound mix, another mix, a documentary, and screen films. The other DVD seems to have a "Live in _____ 1973 (?)" concert.

15. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Is there the SACD of Wish You Were Here - or Blu-ray - or none?

16. More than that, it appears that the entire Floyd catalog is being reissued at the end of September.

Here's an Amazon search on Floyd, sorted by Release Date...

Page 1 and Page 2

There's also something called...

The Discovery Studio Album Box Set

By the way, those of you/us looking at the secondary images of the big DSotM, WYWH, and Wall boxes -- note that you can zoom in quite far on the images. Be sure to hit the zoom button at least twice ('til you can't zoom no more!). If there was just a little more detail to the picture, I swear we could almost make out the track-listings on the faces of the Dark Side CD's. ENHANCE!!!!

17. Lots of little details can be gleaned from the Amazon photos if you zoom in, particularly on the DSOTM immersion box. One disc has the following content:

1. Live In Brighton 1972?

2. DSOTM 2003 documentary

3. Concert Screen Films Stereo

4. Concert Screen Films 5.1 Surround

18. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Looks like Waters and Gilmour need retirement money. Sign me up.

19. We are getting both the 5.1 remix and the original Quad Mix for DSOTM on the Immersion box!

20. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

HA HA! Charade you are!

21. Here is the likely performance for the Brighton set off of the DSOTM Immersion box. I got this information off the first link in Google:

Pink Floyd: The Darkside Rehearsals The Dome, Brighton, UK, 20 Jan 1972
    Format: 2CD
    Sources: 20 Jan 1972, The Dome, Brighton, UK

Quality: VG+/Ex-

This is a recording of the premier show of DSotM. A truly historic recording. Rated as essential collection material. Due to some equipment failure, the DSotM part is abandoned a couple of minutes into Money. As a result, the band plays AHM, which was not part of this tour's set list (except for Japan). AHM has no tractor (?) introduction; the band just gets right into the song. The performances of AHM were beginning to wind down (with about 10 or so more performances before being permanently dropped from the set list). A nice Speak To Me includes the sounds of the cash register and cows low'ing. The guy who taped the show is obviously very impressed with what he see's up on stage, as he commentate with; "Look at that.. Brilliant... F#cking Jesus!" during Speak To Me. On The Run is the jam version, Time is very slow (with Gilmour humming on the guitar solo) and TGGITS has the preacher tape. Sound quality is quite good, though there is some tape hiss evident and it sounds like the tape used was going a bit slow (but I'm not sure). Very litle audience noise.

(Disc 1) Total Time: 55:14
    01 Speak To Me
    02 Breathe
    03 On The Run
    04 Time
    05 Breathe (Reprise)
    06 The Great Gig In The Sky
    07 Money
    08 Atom Heart Mother
    09 Careful With That Axe, Eugene

(Disc 2) Total Time: 52:44
    01 One Of These Days
    02 Echoes
    03 A Saucerful Of Secrets

Band:
    Roger Waters: Vocals, bass
    David Gilmour: Vocals, guitar
    Rick Wright: Organ
    Nick Mason: Drums, percussion

22. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Interesting, yet again issues of the familiar albums but they even might have added some cool bonuses to the set. Lets wait and see it then..

23. zbinks

There's no detail on the listing, but judging by the photo for Dark Side of the Moon, we can probably anticipate a DVD (-Audio?) and a Blu-Ray.

24. If you zoom in really close on the "The Dark Side Of The Moon - Experience Version", you can see -- clear as day...

We're getting the '74 Live Empire Pool Wembly recording -- so that would HAVE to ALSO be on the Immersion Dark Side box too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.