Looney Toons DVD details

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -=Rudy=-, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff Thread Starter

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet, but on 10/28, the Warner Bros. toons are arriving on DVD. Here are some details of contents:

# 56 classic animated shorts restored and re-mastered to its original form

# Audio Commentary & Introduction

# Documentaries

# Featurette

# Complete listings:

# Disc 1 - Bugs Bunny
    # Baseball Bugs, Rabbit Seasoning, Long-Haired Hare, High Diving Hare, Bully for Bugs, What's Up Doc?, Rabbit's Kin, Water, Water Every Hare, Big House Bunny, Big Top Bunny, My Bunny Lies over the sea, Wabbit Twouble, Ballot Box Bunny, Rabbit of Seville

# Disc 2 - Daffy Duck & Porky the Pig
    # Duck Amuck, Dough for the Do-Do, Drip-Along Daffy, Scaredy Cat, The Ducksters, The Scarlet Pumpernickel, Yankee Doodle Daffy, Porky Chops, Wearing of the Grin, Deduce, You Say, Boobs in the Woods, Golden Yeggs, Rabbit Fire, Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2 Century

# Disc 3 - All Stars
    # Elmer's Candid Camera, Bugs Bunny and The 3 Bears, Fast and Furry-ous, Hair-Raising Hare, The Awful Orphan, Haredevil Hare, For Scent-imental Reasons, Frigid Hare, The Hypo-Chondri-Cat , Baton Bunny, Feed the Kitty, Don't Give Up The Sheep, Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid, Tortoise Wins By A Hare

# Disc 4 - All Stars
    # Canary Row, Bunker Hill Bunny, Kit for Cat, Putty Tat Trouble, Bugs and Thugs, Canned Feud, Lumber Jerks, Speedy Gonzales, Tweety's S.O.S., Foghorn Leghorn, The, Daffy Duck Hunt, Early to Bet, Broken Leghorn, Devil May Hare

# Number of discs: 4

2. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Ah, but it has...

Looney Tunes on DVD Finally!

:D

Thanks for the reminder anyway, though!

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The third and fourth discs (which contain the same line-up as the separate 2-disc release) are organized by director.

Disc three has 12 Chuck Jones toons followed by 2 Bob Clampetts
    Disc Four has 9 Friz Frelengs followed by 5 Robert McKimsons.

Regards,

4. -=Rudy=-

Re: Re: Looney Toons DVD details

Aaaaah, I see...I was barely online in July, and the thread had already scrolled several pages away by the time I got back in the loop.

The first complete season of Spongebob is also coming out 10/28. Debating which one of these I should spring for, or if I should wait for used copies of these.

5. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Damn, I wish I would have known that Premiere Collection was the same as disks 3 & 4 of Golden. I pre-ordered both. I just called DVD planet to cancel but they told me that they got Premiere in early and it has shipped already.

6. -=Rudy=-

Wow...thanks for the warning. I'll have to watch the titles carefully when I start buying these.

7. guy incognito

I've also been hearing that the Premiere set lacks the bonus materials from the equivalent Golden discs.

8. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

jerry Beck has pictures of the set on is site:

Jerry Beck's cartoon research

I can't find it now on his site, but he has suggested buying the box set instead of the individual DVDs to send a message to Warner Brothers(?) that collectors are more interested in a quality collection rather than another poorly compiled market fodder.

9. guy incognito

Yep, here's how Jerry put it a while back on the ToonZone forum:

10. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

thanks for finding the quote, mike.

11. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Can't wait!

Attached Files:

12. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Neat, huh??? Check out Termite Terrace for threads with more grabs (and one guy sez he's got his box already).....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.