American Graffiti [Blu-ray] available for Pre-Order?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sparkydog, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just got an email from Amazon about this. No real details available - anyone heard more about this one?

[​IMG]

American Graffiti [Blu-ray]

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Availability: This title has not yet been released. You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Price: $18.99

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

There's a whole bunch of movies on Universal due to come out on Blu-ray including American Graffitti. Here's the complete list: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5266

I don't think there's been any official announcement of release dares

3. sparkydog

Thanks for the link! I wonder what manipulations Lucas has put AG through for this release -- i.e., digital enhancements, audio, NR...

4. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Probably my favorite movie of all time...

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Most of the digital restoration work on this was done years ago at IL+M, so it's been sitting on the shelf for awhile. This movie was shot on 2-perf Techniscope, so it needed a lot of help; it had grain the size of canned hams. Looks fine now.

Note that Lucas did go in and change a few shots a few years ago, mainly adding a sunset to the opening scene of the drive-in. Great 5.1 mix, too.

6. sparkydog

Now I'm crapping my own thread - when is A.I. Artificial Intelligence coming to Region 1 Blu-Ray??

View attachment 160158

7. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

I believe Fonzie now makes an appearance ;)

8. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Touche.

In all honesty, though, we can probably expect to see (again) that fantastic sunset that decides to plant itself behind Mel's in the opening shot, only to mysteriously vanish in every other shot after....

[​IMG]

9. sparkydog

That's the type of fiddling around I was wondering about. The sunset I can live with... but that's enough.

10. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I just looked at the list of upcoming releases.

Blue Crush? Really? We need a throwaway movie with Kate Bosworth about surfing in high def?

Billy Madison? An old Adam Sandler film aimed at 13 year old boys? We need that on Blu-Ray? For real?

11. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

There are youngsters who do have Blu-Ray players and they'd want the crap out on Blu-Ray. It is all about the $$$$$.

12. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

There is no Region 1 regarding Blu-ray, only A, B and C.

Regarding the forthcoming European Blu-ray that is a Warner release and it will be playable in all regions. Warner is quite good in that regard.

13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I have single disc BR cases by major studios with the R1 logo on the back cover here in Canada.

14. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

Yes, I know that some studios use the old the old DVD region logos on the covers of their releases but that practice is incorrect as the countries that fall under Region 1 does not match those under Region A and the same goes for Regions B and C as there are more regions under DVD than that of BD. Japan for example is Region A on BD while it is Region 2 on DVD.

BD is either A B or C or any combination thereof.

DVD is either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (not in use), 8 (airplanes, oil rigs), 9 (not in use) or any combination thereof or even regionfree.

15. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Is there any differences between the 2011 and 2012 Blu-Ray releases of Graffiti?

16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

In the 2012 release Ron Howard is replaced with Hayden Christiansen.

17. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Anyone else?

18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I think they are exactly the same Universal just added a DVD and digital copy to it for the 100 Anniversary edition like they have for several films.

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

This is correct. It's also just been reduced to it's lowest price ever of $9.99 (just 20 hours ago).

I've got a Region 6 DVD I bought in 2008, from Amazon UK. Why I chose that particular version is beyond me, 4 years later. Only widescreen at the time ? Price ?

Also, no 5.1 mix on the DVDs, or the Blu rays, just 2.0 and mono.

20. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

21. Great, thanks for the heads up. You can't beat getting one of my favorite movies on Blu-ray for $9.99.

22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yeah, I thought Bob's timing for bumping the thread was great timing. Oliver...sign up for a once daily e mail from Blu-ray.com, informing you of such deals !

Just to the right on the Homepage here : http://www.blu-ray.com/

23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

24. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Hi Marc, What is the best sounding DVD as far as mixing. On the one I have some scenes are mixed really loud to the point that you have to turn the volume down. Any suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.