Hulk Hogan's album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

This might be one of my all time favorite bad albums ever.

Hulk Hogan sings! Hulk Hogan raps! Hulk Hogan sings a tender ballad! All this and more.

http://www.i-mockery.com/bad-albums/hogan/

It's a lot of fun and well worth the $5 or so that it goes for on eBay. :righton:

If you're a wrestling fan or you just like kitsch, take a chance on it.

2. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

I never thought I'd see this "masterpiece" being discussed here!:laugh: It really is horrible, but in a "it's so horrible, you can't help but love it" kind of way! I'm a huge wrestling fan, but even I knew to stay away from this when it first hit stores back in the mid 90's. But when I found a sealed copy for sale at the 99 Cent Only Store, I knew I couldn't refuse.

The Hulkster must have really been insane if he thought his legion of Hulkamaniacs would buy this. But here we are talking about it now, so he got the last laugh.:agree:

My personal faves are "I Want To Be A Hulkamaniac" featuring loads of cheesy synths and Hulk's infamous "rapping," although to be fair, it doesn't sound much different than Micky Dolenz's vocal stylings on "Goin' Down." But that's where the comparisons end.:D

For those brave enough, here is this "great" song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_VAmSsZRcs

And don't even get me started on "Hulkster's In Heaven.":laugh:

3. Kevin W

Kevin W Well-Known Member

No "love" for The Macho Man's rap CD? That one was pretty bad.

4. PaulKTF

Ah yes... I really need to find a copy of that sucker. Macho Man's album is silly but it just isn't as much fun as Hulk's, IMHO.

5. Sammy Banderas

Macho may hate Hogan in real life, but that infamous rap cd of his is practically dedicated to the Hulkster!:laugh:

"Be A Man, Hulk!":D

6. Kevin W

This album was released during Hulks time in WCW. "I Wanna Be A Hulkamaniac" was actually used as a theme song for fellow WCW wrestler Evad Sullivan. (If you're wondering about the name Evad, It was Dave spelled backwards. Don't ask me to explain his gimmick or the backstory behind it.)

7. PaulKTF

Ah Evad and the angle over his pet rabbit. I really miss WCW sometimes. :)

8. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Awwww man!!! You just made my day.:edthumbs:

9. Kevin W

Forgot about the pet rabbit storyline. wow, and you wonder why WCW no longer exist...

10. PaulKTF

11. Kevin W

Of course in terms of Music involving wrestlers, don't forget The Wrestling Album I and II released during the 80's, With covers of "A Land Of A Thousand Dances," "Rock And Roll Hootchie Coo", and Tutti Fruitti. And the infamous "Grab Them Cakes" LOL.

12. PaulKTF

Mean Gene sings! Ah, I miss those days...

13. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

haha I loved WCW but then again I was 9 during the height of the nWo! I sampled that Macho Man cd once haha it's horrible but hilarious!

14. Sammy Banderas

Hilarious and informative book! I can't help but shed a tear looking back at the old WCW stuff now. Some of it was crap, but even the "EVAD" stuff is better than some of the garbage WWE is doing now.

Anyway, back to the Hulkster's album ... isn't Linda Hogan doing background vocals on most of the songs? I could swear that's her on the musical tour-de-force that is "Hulkster's In Heaven."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwE6F7md1LQ

I never heard a better use of a Casio keyboard than on this touching song.:laugh:

15. PaulKTF

On eBay, HighSpots.com has many copies at $4.99 + shipping which seems like a pretty good deal.

16. PaulKTF

Yup, that's Linda.

"Hulkster In Heaven" would bring a tear to a glass eye, I tell ya! :agree:

17. Sammy Banderas

That's so crazy that you mentioned the first Wrestling Album! Just today, I picked up a 12" dance remix version of Land of 1,000 Dances for $2!!!!

Here's a pic of my newfound treasure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WRESTLERS-Land-...5964124?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5637f4985c

Piledriver: The Wrestling Album 2 is quite possibly the most perfect album ever!!!!!!!!!:winkgrin: I wish I was kiddding, but just about every song on there rules! "Girls In Cars," "Jive Soul Bro," "Stand Back" and, of course the title track! It's a shame you can't find this one on cd anywhere.:(

18. Kevin W

19. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Love the Hulkster and loved WCW....

"Don't turn your back on the Wolfpac!!"

20. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

I don't know what's better, when Mean Gene and Vince McMahon implore you to "clap yo hands," or the fact that Mr. Wonderful kisses his biceps for the duration of the entire video.

21. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

I read that Rick Derringer was actually the one who wrote his 1980's WWF theme song is that true?

22. Kevin W

23. PaulKTF

Yup.

24. Kevin W

Indeed it's true

25. Sammy Banderas

You must be talking about this all-time classic ... one of the greatest wrestler theme songs ever, "Real American":righton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGuhZvO1DKg

This song still gives me goosebumps!:agree:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.