For you Country Music lovers, two S&P SH mastered reissues BOB WILLS, MOE & JOE

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

For you Country Music lovers, two S&P SH mastered reissues for ya!

I love Country Music, as does S&P Records co-owner Sam Passamano. S&P has just released two neat compact discs that some of you might need to get!

BOB WILLS & TOMMY DUNCAN--Hall Of Fame (Two LP's on one CD). SPR-710

This is a new CD reissue (briefly on DCC as well) of the best of Bob Wills & The Texas Playboys Liberty stereo recordings compiled by John McEuen.

I took these from the original Liberty/UA stereo masters and the stuff sounds great!

22 songs, all Bob Wills gems are on here. It makes a nice companion to his early stuff on Vocalion/Columbia/Okeh....

MOE BANDY & JOE STAMPLEY "Just Good Ol' Boys" and "Hey Joe! Hey Moe!" (two LP's on one CD). SPR-711

Mastered from the Columbia, Nashville master tapes, these are two great honkin' country albums.

"When It Comes To Cowgirls (We Just Can't Say No)" and other great Moe and Joe hits! 20 tracks in all.

I loved working on this stuff!!!!

The Killer likes this.
  2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Sounds great! Can't wait to sample it.

--MK

3. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Hot damn, I'm looking forward to these. Especially that Bob Wills:D

4. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Looks like I'll be adding some country to my rock.

I'm looking forward to Bradley's comments.

5. Steve Hoffman

These titles, as is our entire RURAL RHYTHM/S&P RECORDS line, are currently available at all major music retailers; BORDERS, TOWER, BEST BUY, CIRCUIT CITY, MUSICLAND, VIRGIN, BARNES & NOBLE, AMAZON.COM etc., and of course WAL-MART!

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Steve,

I'll definitely check these out. I love REAL country music! ;)

By the way, is there any reason we don't have an updated discography with your work for S&P among others???

--Dan

7. Steve Hoffman

No one wants to do it...

8. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Bob Wills is in stock at bestbuy.com 14.99 free shipping. AAAHAA.

9. rmos

rmos Forum Resident

Bob Wills is in stock at deepdiscountcd.com for $11.77 w/free shipping. AAAHAA.

10. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

Steve, I already have the DCC version of the Bob Wills -- is the S&P version a different, new mastering?

11. Steve Hoffman

Enjoy it, David. No need to get another copy....

12. Reader

Reader Senior Member

I've bought a bunch of the Rural Rhythm cd's at Borders and Best Buy for $9.98. A fine price for some great sounding REAL country music!! Give us more, more, more! Are all the Rural Rhythms listed in the current discography?

13. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Really?! Wow, I would think it would be essential since just about everyone on the forum seems to use the existing discography like a bible!

I'll volunteer, but I'm sure I'd miss some of the obvious ones. All of those Rural Rhythm titles, etc.

Maybe I could compile all of the titles I can muster, start a thread and post them. Then anyone who wants to chime in can add to the ones I forgot. After we finish all of the titles released to date someone can put them into HTML and put them up on the site.

Sound okay?

14. Steve Hoffman

15. ascot

ascot Senior Member

I think Bradley might be in line already! :D

16. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

In fact, the recent Rural Rhythm Hoffman mastered CDs and the Ricky Skaggs Live In London on S&P sound great. I can't wait to receive these discs. In fact, WBJI in this area has played the Live In London version of "Country Boy."

17. BradOlson

I have the DCC version of "Hall of Fame" already as well.

18. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

You know I just listened to a Joe & Moe compilation a couple of weeks ago and was very surprised how good it was! I was only familiar with "Where's the Dress?" Is was very refreshing to hear such great country. I can't wait both of these discs!

19. b&w

b&w Forum Resident

Steve,

That Hall of Fame disc is something else in the sound quality. I am not a big of county but his voice and fiddle sound so damn good on it its a total pleasure. I will tell you this small story about that cd. I have a old relative, that is in her 80's who saw Willis live many times. I played the disc for her and she was totally enthralled by it. When it was over she told me that it sounded just like he sounded when we she saw him in XYZ year. I suppose that's about as high praise as you can get. Thanks for the disc....

20. BradOlson

I agree with B&W that "Hall of Fame" is great and S&P will give me the disc and I am mailing someone my DCC copy of it. That's how much I recommend it.

21. Steve Hoffman

Reopened by request.

22. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Just picked this up and I've gotta say the sound quality is superb. Of course as it's Bob Wills it's great music and fun all way - aaa haa!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.