Gunsmoke & Bonanza DVDs

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by davem1, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davem1

davem1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone know if any more complete seasons of Gunsmoke or Bonanza are going to be released on DVD? I have heard that the sales of Gunsmoke were poor. I hope that is wrong.

2. 4th season volume 1 release set for Oct. 5th for "Gunsmoke".

Nothing else known about "Bonanza".

3. davem1

Thanks for the info. I'm glad they are still releasing Gunsmoke anyway.

4. bencasey

bencasey New Member

Bonanza season two is coming later in the year. If you really like the show, they have put out at least 7 seasons in Germany and you can grab them from there.

5. davem1

I just looked up Bonanza on Amazon Germany. Do you have any idea what the quality is? Thanks for letting me know about it.

6. davem1

I've done some research on the German Bonanza dvds and they have released the first seven seasons. You can listen to them in English or German and from what I have read the episodes are uncut and in great picture quality. The one drawback is that you need a region free dvd player to watch them but these days that isn't a big problem. They are also fairly expensive on Amazon.de.

7. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

Target has a Philipps dvd for $25 that can be hacked to region 0 in minutes.

8. benjaminhuf

benjaminhuf Forum Resident

Wonder if they'll ever release these on blu-ray...

9. bencasey

bencasey New Member

Pretty much any DVD player can be hacked to take off the region code. Just do a google search under your player and the word "hack". Takes about a minute.

10. davem1

A lot of the cheaper dvd players don't require a hack. I took a PAL dvd to the store and it played in a few of the players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.