Another McCartney compilation expected...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyH, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member Thread Starter

( courtesy of www.musictap.net )

Pencilled in for January 27, Paul McCartney's Love Songs is a great sounding release ...

'Let It Be - Naked' is looking even further off.

2. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

I'd rather have a release of THE BEATLES' Love Songs! (AND R&R Music & Hollywood Bowl)

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Judging by the title, I feel it is safe to assume that this will be yet another McCartney compilation that doesn't include "Getting Closer".

Regards,

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

It won't have Give Ireland Back To The Irish either!!!!!!

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Hi there.

Wonder where most of this thread went? I'm glad you asked.

Without naming names, many of who have participated in this thread not only started with hard negativity (not good) but also embellished such feelings into some title that would be impossible to have heard yet (even worse).

So I'm your friendly neighborhood Gort fireman. Toot! Toot! [​IMG] (Or I've loaned Brian Wilson's favorite head decoration) Either way, I don't wanna have to take this thread completely out.

Let's be more on track. As you know, Steve worked on MANY Apple McCartney releases. Its not fair to say bad things about good music. You all own the music. If you don't, you should by now. :) Compilations certainly serve a purpose....

Thanks.

6. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Fair enough.

But can Steve do the remastering on this one too? Pleeze!

7. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Just in time for Valentine's Day. Wonder if he'll include that song? ;)

8. Matt

Matt New Member

Love Songs seems to be all the rage these days. Every major label has done it with every artist they've got. Rhino, Sony, etc. Must be a popular market.

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

It's been a common trend among all the major labels for a few years now. We always get a slew of releases just before Valentine's Day. (Note the release date for the Macca set is 1/27.) An easy gift for your significant other.:love:

10. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

My question is, where is the box set that was promised after the release of "Wingspan" two years ago? Paul McCartney's entire back catalog was also supposedly remastered, and Capitol/EMI in anticipation stopped pressing the currently available CD's to allow time for stores to sell of their back stock. Apparently there was a change in plans and the old CD's were repressed and shipped out.

11. Dave D

Dave D Done!

:cool: fewwww feww fewwww feww feeewwww
    (sound of whistling)

ummm....sorry.....had a bad day yesterday!

:laugh:

12. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

Yeah, what Jeff said! Ditto!

13. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

Not you!;)

14. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Well, it probably won't include "Girls' School" either!

It'll probably be a best seller, complete with the trademark Mew No-Noise treatment. It's sad, the public thinks of people like McCartney and the Stones as purely oldies acts. Comps like Wingspan and Forty Licks sell milliions, while an album like Driving Rain barely goes Gold.

Evan

15. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

I guess what little negativity I feel toward this release is just my frustration as a Beatle fan rearing it's ugly head. I only hope this release isn't as heavily processed soundwise as "Wingspan" seemed to be. I'll reserve opinion for now, but after hearing what Steve did with Sir Paul's music, Well you all know the rest "sigh"

16. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

You guys have gotta stop with this NR stuff. The CD isn't even out yet and are already putting it down.

When it comes out then worry about it how GOOD it is!!!

<<SHIELDS>>

My Love does it Good~~:D

17. reechie

reechie Senior Member

As long as Macca doesn't go doing an album of old standards... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.