Sublime Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by budja, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budja

budja Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone have any vinyl by Sublime? I am the most curious about the difference in the original 2LP Skunk Records 40 oz. to Freedom pressing and the repress of that album from ~2001.

2. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

I would be interested to hear as well... I think with the right pressing, 40oz. To Freedom would sound incredible on vinyl. What a great album by the way... I've never thought it gets the respect it deserves. At least not the "critical" respect.

3. 8tracks

8tracks Forum Addict

4. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

5. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

The current Back To Black pressing of their self-titled album is very good. Probably digitally sourced, but pressed very well and sounds excellent. I highly recommend that one. Not sure about the original Skunk pressing of 40oz, but the Erika Records reissue that I have is not very good. Very noisy and a little muddy.

6. budja

budja Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip! I was considering the Erika records re-release, but now I will stay away. I actually found another review on discogs that said exactly what you did about it being noisy. That review went on to say that it was the worst sounding vinyl the person owned. It would be nice to know if it is worth the cash for the original press.

7. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

I've wondered about that many times myself. I rarely see one for less than an arm and two legs. I have the Skunk 1st pressing on CD, which sounds a million times better than the compressed MCA reissue, but still sounds flat. We are badly in need of a good vinyl reissue. :cry:

8. smokeverbs

smokeverbs Senior Member

I have the Cranberry Sauce Colored Erika Records version of 40 oz. 2 LPs. From what I've been told, the black vinyl version is the noisy one. I can turn this up loud, and it sounds fine. Surely a digital source, but super clean anyway. It is missing "get out", even though it's listed on the jacket. "Get Out" is only on the Skunk pressing.

I also have all six of the picture discs, but I wouldn't recommend those for sound quality. They sure are pretty tho.

9. Guardian

Guardian Forum Resident

Not a big fan of 40oz but the S/T is phenomenal and the pressing quality is superb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.