Heart Live 1976 song - Amazing!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by yesstiles, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

2. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Heart doin' prog! Pretty cool IMHO!:righton: And Ann Wilson handles a flute just as good as Ian Anderson...

3. bumper

bumper Forum Resident

Good stuff!

4. pencilchewer

pencilchewer Active Member

WOW!!! :eek: thank you so much for posting this!!.... i didn't know this existed, either....

i knew Ann could play a good flute already... i believe that's her on "Sing Child" off Dreamboat Annie, if i'm not mistaken....

i coulda done without the first minute and a half of that video, though.... obnoxious noises *LOL*

watching this one thought comes to mind: thank God for MIDI! :agree:

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

6. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

As far as I know, this song isn't on a Heart record and I'm not even sure that Mainstage is the name of the song. Incidentally, the video you linked was originally from a PBS Special on Heart from 1976. I think it's called Second Ending. The whole thing runs about 45 minutes and features a bunch of songs from Dreamboat Annie as well as a couple that would end up on Magazine. I'll be damned if I can find it, but I have the whole thing on VHS somewhere. It's a fantastic video and deserves a legitimate release. Actually, there's quite a bit of great 70s footage of Heart that needs to be released!

yesstiles likes this.
  7. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Saw them in '80 (John "Cougar" Mellencamp opened for them!). Was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Those ladys really rocked!

8. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Now you can see(and hear) why I 've been a Heart FREAK since 1975 and why they should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Thanks for posting!

9. TaterBones

TaterBones Active Member

Found a link for a DVD of this show online, but I reckon it's a bootleg so I won't post the link.

Anyway, here is the track list for "The Second Ending" set:
    1. Instrumental Intro
    2. Heartless
    3. White Lightning and Wine
    4. Dreamboat Annie
    5. Silver Wheels
    6. Crazy on You
    7. Soul of the Sea
    8. Devil Delight
    9. Magic Man

I calculate the "Instrumental Intro" is what we're seeing/hearing in the YouTube video.

10. TaterBones

TaterBones Active Member

11. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

the 2 live shows I have from them from '76 both also have that same instrumental intro into Heartless as a set opener....I remember when I first heard it I also thought "wow, Heart doing prog!" :thumbsup:

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

Man, that song should have opened up Magazine then. Missed opportunity!

13. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Thanks, yesstiles. :cool:

14. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

No big surprise to me, as I always considered the Dreamboat Annie album to be quite "prog-ish" - in a good way!

yesstiles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.