Alice Cooper - Love It to Death - AFZ 057*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by boots, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots Chokma! Thread Starter

Got my copy this morning and I've got to say I love this CD to death. Steve did a great job with this title. The CD is crisp and clear like the harmonica at the start of I'm Eighteen it jumps out at you also the organ on Black Juju.

Thanks Audio Fidelity!!!

2. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Hopefully mine is waiting for me at home. Did you also get the Joe Walsh disc or just the Alice Cooper?

3. boots

I got both. I'm listening to Joe now and so far it's great as well! :goodie:

4. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I'm interested in your opinions on the sound quality of this AF release versus Killer.. let's hear what you folks think, Santa wants to know!

5. boots

I think this is the best in the Alice Cooper series.Since I don't have a HDCD player yet I rip these tracks to a 24bit wave file with db poweramp and the DSP plugin.

6. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to hearing both. :agree:

7. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I'll have to wait until the 25th.

8. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Mine sounds wonderful. I'm Eighteen jams hard.

9. therockman

Not at the same time I hope. I listened to Joe Walsh first, but I played KILLER right afterward, a little bit louder. I will give them both a couple more spins before I write a detailed report.

10. therockman

One thing I will say; this gold disc has a lot of hiss. I mean that in a good way. You will hear hiss galore on this disc.

11. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Jammin' to Black JuJu as I type.

12. Nonhuman

Nonhuman Forum Resident

Hmm, I ordered all three of the AC AF's today from CDUniverse, having only heard the Killer CD. I love the improvement per Killer. CdUniverse had the Love It To Death listed as a pre-order with Dec 8th denoted for release date. Where'd you all get yours?

13. ... still waiting for mine.

14. Got mine today as well. Interesting credit--Kevin Gray is listed as having done editing. What exactly did he have to do here?

By the way, it sounds extremely good. Blows away every version I've ever heard on CD.

15. art

art Senior Member

Love it to Death is jaw-droppingly great. One of the best versions of a title in the DCC/AF catalog. Just a joy to listen to.

16. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Lookin' good, lookin' good... gives Santa the itchy finger to pull the trigger.. :agree:

17. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

The street date is Dec 8th, but if you ordered it directly from the label - http://www.audiofidelity.net/ - they often tend to ship early. Something to keep in mind for future reference.

Hoping to get mine tomorrow, as it didn't come today.

18. Masmusic

Masmusic Compact Discs Forever!

Looking forward to receiving my copy! Love it to Death is in my top ten of all time best albums!

19. Dazz

Dazz Senior Member

Bang! Trigger pulled.

20. boots

I joined the 24K club at Audio Fidelity,members get their CD's before street date.:edthumbs:

21. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

I received Both of the CD's in today's mail and have listened to the "Love It To Death" and Love the sound quality. It is one of the Best I think AF has done yet. Really nice soundstage and clear and crisp sounding . The original WB CD did not sound bad at all , but I can really hear differences on this and it sounds great all the way through. I am not too good at describing sound quality differences but all I can say is you will certainly hear the better sound in this mastering. I really took notice listening to "Black JuJu" as the Drum Beats are so clear and life like sounding. The Breath Of Life is all over this one . I haven't listened to the Joe Walsh yet, but I would be willing to bet it sounds better than the MCA Masterdisc Gold CD I have.

22. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Agree that it sounds fantastic. Another busted AF hub for me though. This is like my fourth busted hub from AF. I have a stash of extra cases. So, of course it's not a huge deal to replace the tray, but it definitely takes some of the joy out of receiving a brand new AF Gold CD when there's loose pieces of plastic flying out when you open the case and then have to replace it. I'll get over it. I just wish AF would acknowledge that these cases suck and insist on having their CDs packaged in better ones.

23. Nonhuman

Nonhuman Forum Resident

Thank you for the info!

24. evad

evad Well-Known Member

+1 I put this one in the same category as the AF Bad Company cd. Great sounding disc.

25. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Received both but needed a quiet house last night and Alice deserves to be loud. Tonight tis a whole nutha thang!

This is also the first of both subscriptions to get here before street date. :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.