Great Bay Area, California audio repair who does house calls*

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by sberger, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream Thread Starter

I have no vested interest here at all. But I had a problem with my tube preamp and was going to bring it in to my usual place but they have downsized and now don't really do much repair work. But they recommended this guy and so I called him and he had time today to come over (on his motorcycle!) with a workbench amount of stuff and repair my piece. A really nice guy, very low key, old school. I'm letting anybody in the Bay Area know about him because to be able to call up somebody who knows their stuff and will come to your house at a very reasonable rate is about as unique as it gets. Just keep his info handy. You'll be happy you did.

http://www.genessoundservice.com/

2. Mortsnets

Mortsnets Forum Resident

Thanks for posting that! I'll make note of it for future reference. I wonder if he does mods and restoration?

3. matro5

matro5 Senior Member

awesome. thanks for posting this. I've got a vintage Marantz receiver that cuts out every once in awhile and I've been looking for someone just like this to help me out. I'm sure this 'repair' won't be a challenge at all for Gene - a good cleaning will probably do the trick - but I don't have any idea what does what inside a receiver.

4. spyderx

spyderx New Member

Man this sort of independent repair for electronics is really becoming a lost art.

Good stuff and thanks for posting.

5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream Thread Starter

This is about the only thing that he doesn't do. I asked because I have a couple of vintage receivers that could use this service. But I'm sure going in to the receiver to clean it up, solder any loose connections, etc, would be a snap for him. Certainly worth giving him a call and talking it over with him. A great guy who knows his stuff.

6. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Great thread. Just checked out the Website...is there a list of brands he repairs, or is it open ended?

7. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Bump!

8. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Bumpity Bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.