In the Wee Small Hours 180g mastering error

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by andreir8, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andreir8

andreir8 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Heads up. I received the new Capitol From the Vaults Sinatra reissue vinyl of 'In the Wee Small Hours' this weekend and discovered that side 1 track 8 is 'I Guess I'll Have to Change my Plan' instead of 'When Your Lover Has Gone.' This was quite the shock since I waited until the appropriate wee smalls to give the record the inaugural reading (thought I was losing my mind.) Capitol is aware of this and is working on a repressing. There is no official policy on exchanges yet.

2. Greg1954

Greg1954 New Member

Well, not to be too jokey about it.

Maybe it was a preview what their 180 gram 'Swingin' Affair' is going to be like.

3. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

I'm inclined to say something like "astonishing" or "unbelievable," but it's not. It's Capitol.

Wrong track on IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS. Mono/stereo mixup on COME FLY WITH ME (either the cover art or the tape master). If anyone here bought COME DANCE WITH ME, I'd recommend checking it *very* carefully.

4. ZAck Scott

ZAck Scott Senior Member

guess I'll be searching for an original pressing of this one!!!

5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Oh, my. This is really something. Definitely worthy of it's own thread initially just so people don't miss it, but let's move the discussion back into the Capitol 180 reissue thread for Sinatra titles, here.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.