NME: Jimi Hendrix's sister promises another decade of previously unreleased music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OE3, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OE3

OE3 Senior Member Thread Starter

From NME.com:

What do you think is in the pipeline? Calling Chris M...

2. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

'Valleys Of Neptune' has to have a release, perhaps a new Hendrix Single to promote an album?

3. Jon Busey-Hunt

Jon Busey-Hunt Forum Resident

(gets down on knees)

Please, Jeebus, let them FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY release the "Black Gold" demos. I want them so badly. Thank you, Jeebus.

(stands up hopefully)

4. vintage2

vintage2 Forum Resident

And a proper Royal Albert Hall release WITH video.

5. rallizes

rallizes Forum Resident

"We keep them in a temperature-controlled vault. We have a set of everything in Los Angeles
    and a set in New York in the event of something catastrophic happening. We have duplicates of everything."

If I had that material, I'd go as far as making TRIPLICATES of everything!
    Maybe store a set in Chicago...

There is a certain amount of patience involved, but Dagger is ok in my book.

Here's to future Jimi releases!

6. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

No doubt, the JH estate has much more music to release...

7. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Do these actually exist or are they a semi-well documented rumor?

8. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

They exist. They're cassette recordings that Mitch Mitchell sold to Experience Hendrix.

9. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

I'm amazed that this actually exists and is in presumably safe hands. I too would love to hear it but I suspect it would be a bit of let down like a lot of fabled recordings turn out to be. Nonetheless, it would be a fascinating listen. Wonder how much Mitch got paid and what quality the recording is. It was a portable unit right?

10. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

Sounds like she knows what she's doing. Too bad she didn't manage his career when he was alive. (I know she was a lot younger)

11. Reader

Reader Senior Member

They have put out a few interesting releases but overall I don't think she has done very well handling his estate. If it boils down to money I'm sure it looks fine. If it has to do with his legacy and not letting his name be used to sell to sell trash, she's not doing a good job.

A release every 12-18 months for 10 years? Considering what could be done that's not very ambitious.

My opinion, ignore if you like.

12. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Let's see her walk her talk.

13. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

I'm only interested right now in Legacy Editions of the original albums - may we finally have CD copies worth shouting about!

14. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Fixed

15. vintage2

vintage2 Forum Resident

:laugh:

16. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Funny, I actually put together my fantasy Axis tracklist last night. I was going to post it and never got around to it. I'll have to post it when I get home.

17. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

You have not read enough about her, if you have formed that opinion. I suggest reading up on her business dealings while running the Hendrix estate, and people who have had to sue her to get what is rightfully theirs... she should not be running the organization now, never mind managing him when he was alive.

Just my opinion, but I suggest you read up on her and find out the truth, via court documents etc, used to get her to make payments that she was supposed to have made.

As was said earlier, let us see if she can walk the walk...

18. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

It reads more truthfully that way, well done.

19. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

The story of how those tapes survived is incredible. Kind of like those stories car collectors fantasize about finding a Duesenberg in an old barn :laugh:

In the mid 90's Tony Brown, a big Hendrix fan and author, interviewed Mitch at his house and Mitch causally mentions that he thinks he still has some old Jimi tapes. He rummages around and comes back with 7 cassette tapes wrapped in Jimi's headband. Mitch said Jimi asked him to hold on to them so he did. He had no idea they were of value. One of the cassettes was Black Gold, another was a jam with Taj Mahal, there was an unbooted live recording that had a stand alone live version of 3rd Stone and the others had a few unreleased and unbooted Jimi originals. None of that stuff has been released or surfaced. The Black Gold book has the complete contents of the tapes. EH purhased them from Mitch a few years back.

20. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

Every 12-18 months for 10 years and Jimi's fans will all be mostly gone.
    Jimi was a workaholic, too bad EH doesn't follow suit.
    I didn't know Jimi had a "Sister" either.

21. Please do ... :righton:

22. Yes, really good remasters of his original recordings would be nice, along with the unreleased stuff.

23. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Actually, he had a step-sister, Janie, Al Hendrix's adopted daughter.

24. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

They should store the masters in a remote location, like Bum*****, ND.

25. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.