Beatles Remasters On Vinyl: Please Post News Here

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dgsinner, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgsinner

dgsinner New Member Thread Starter

Based on this webpage info:

http://myvinylreview.blogspot.com/2009/05/beatles-remastered-mono-and-stereo.html

------

":November 14, 2009 has been mentioned by an industry insider as the tentative release date for the remastered Beatles vinyl. The same insider also said that the releases would come out on Capitol Records and named R.T.I. as the pressing plant slated for the job. The suggested retail price will reportedly be approximately $25.00, and given that price, one can also easily speculate that the vinyl will be 180 grams.

If R.T.I. is handling the pressing duties, prepare for either long delays of the Beatles releases, or for delays of other titles you might be waiting for this year. Last year's releases of The Doors and Led Zeppelin boxsets were not only delayed themselves, but also caused numerous other vinyl projects to be slowed down and subject to delays--and neither of those projects came close to the magnitude of re-releasing the entire Beatles catalog.

Would you buy new Beatles vinyl if it isn't sourced directly from the analog tapes, but rather from high rez 24/192 digital masters? Do you plan to buy both the cds and vinyl? What are you looking forward to most about these remasters? Vote in the poll located at the top left of this page and share your thoughts in the comments section immediately following this story."

------

Any further info or confirmation of Beatles vinyl remasters would be most appreciated.

Dale

2. Where's the poll?

3. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Even though I've got a pretty good set of Beatles vinyl, yeah I probably would buy the remastered LP's.

But why can't they be pressed over in Holland by the same plant that did a super job on the "Wingspan" vinyl and "Dark Side Of The Moon?" They play nice and quiet. The Pallas pressing plant in Germany would be my other pick. They press LP's for Speakers Corner and they're damn quiet pressings.

I think RTI is too overworked as it is these days.

4. Oddio

Oddio Forum Resident

I like your thinking, John :agree:

5. dgsinner

Same here.

If the experience many of us had with the Doors vinyl boxset is any indication, that is certainly a given.

Dale

6. VeeFan64

VeeFan64 A 60s Music Kind of Guy

I wouldn't buy them is they were digital, but I'd think about the analog pressings...and if they did mono pressings, I'd definately be in!

7. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

I'm all for the mono releases, if they come out either analog or digital. As for stereo, I would buy a few. I don't need them all, as I have the blue box anyway.

8. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I wonder if this was the reason why Classic Records mentioned the Beatles catalog the other year? Are they doing it or perhaps the mono albums?

9. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

These are The Beatles vinyl titles tentatively scheduled for a 5/4/2010 release date via EMI. They will not be done by Classic Records as far as I know. EMI will most likely have them pressed at RTI or Rainbo. You can be certain that these are meant for mass marketing and that they will be Stereo releases instead of Mono (this is just my speculation).

I was given wholesaler cost pricing on the vinyl this past May, but things can definitely change. Based on the costs I was given the single LP's will have an approximate SRP of $23.98 and the double LP will have an approximate SRP of $28.98.

I don't have any further details to offer.

ABBEY ROAD (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    BEATLES FOR SALE (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    BEATLES, THE (WHITE ALBUM)(REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    HARD DAY'S NIGHT, A (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    HELP! (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    LET IT BE (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    PAST MASTERS (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    PLEASE PLEASE ME (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    REVOLVER (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    RUBBER SOUL (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    SGT. PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    WITH THE BEATLES (REMASTERED) (VINYL)
    YELLOW SUBMARINE (REMASTERED) (VINYL)

10. dgsinner

Well, if that's the case, then can we assume that the vinyl remasters will simply be the duplicates of the remastered CDs, just pressed to vinyl? No analog mastering? Just like those awful Japan reissues of the past few years that were just the '87 mixes pressed to vinyl?

Really seems a little pointless to me, but then I'm a SH forums member, not a music business exec...

Dale

11. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

That would be my hunch on the source. Probably sourced from the remastered CD's and tweaked for vinyl pressing. I could be wrong, but they are a long way off so it could be months before more detailed info surfaces.

12. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

At best, I would hope that they are sourced from hi-res digital masters, now THAT I would buy :righton:

13. akmonday

akmonday Senior Member

I'd only buy monos if they were available; I have a blue box that I'm perfectly happy with.

14. Natt

Natt Forum Resident

Maybe buying a few sets and hoarding them will eventually pay for my BC-13 and MFSL boxes?

15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

If they are Mono all analogue
    exact repro's of the UK originals
    i'm in !

16. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

If these were coming in November I think there would have been a press release by now.

I'm hoping we'll see all-analog stereo and mono LPs, but I think next year is the earliest they could arrive. This holiday season will be all about the CD remasters.

17. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Same here. But, I'm not holding my breath.

18. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Agreed!!

19. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Anyone have any earthly idea if these will be released in a box set?

20. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

I was prepared to buy the Mono and Stereo remastered CDs sound-unheard, and i did.

However I think I would check here to gauge reactions to the vinyls before purchasing as modern pressings can be problematic.

21. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Exactly. I love my blue box so if these are stereo remasters, I will probably pass. If a mono box was announced, I'd preorder today but it doesn't sound like that'll be the case. Now to decide if I want to get a CD mono box if/when the opportunity arises...

22. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

+1
    and I'd only buy them if they were analogue pressings

23. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

They'll most likely be sourced from the 24/192 digital masters, same as the Doors Box Set. It was said on here that the plates were already done this summer at EMI and shipped to the US. I can't see them doing them from analog masters for the same reasons Abcko pressed their 2003 vinyl Stones releases from the SACD masters instead of the 30ips analog archive copies they made of the masters at the same time as the DSD transfer: they didn't want any major discrepencies between the optical disc and vinyl releases.

24. back2vinyl

back2vinyl Forum Resident

Obviously I'm only guessing but I think it's most likely that there will be a limited edition boxed set of the mono LPs, just as there was with the CDs. I mean, why ever wouldn't they? It'd all be extra revenue and extra profit.

I think we can also safely assume that the LPs will be taken from the digital masters. There's no way they're going to do a fresh set of masters just for a vinyl run. For me, that's not a problem. The Stones LPs, among others, show just how good LPs from digital masters can be.

25. fini

fini Forum Resident

I'd buy a set if they came with vinyl...Beatles Boots!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.