Beatles Box Sets Price Watch (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member Thread Starter

2. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Just want to repost since it might not be seen at the end of part 5:

NYCers - two mono boxes at the Best Buy at 44th & 5th as of about 6:30 tonight, right at the front of the stores. No stereos, though.

3. MarilynsPickle

MarilynsPickle Forum Resident

Still waiting for mine to arrive.

How did the gift cards thing work for those who bought titles from Target today?

4. beatlesfan68

beatlesfan68 Forum Resident

Just curious if anyone who ordered from Tower.com has received their mono box yet?
    Thanks in advance
    :righton:
    Mike

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

for those of you who find target to be sold out, best buy will match the $5 giift card offer from if you press the issue.

6. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

The cashier gave me mine without any input from me so it works smoothly.

Yikes!

7. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

Manhattan?

It really doesn't matter though, as I'm getting one from Amazon, in a couple weeks.

8. randy9700

randy9700 Indian MC Rider!

The gift cards worked great for me....I made several trips into the store and had no problem using the gift card from the previous purchase on the next purchase until I was done getting what I wanted. As an added bonus, they mismarked the Past Masters at $13.99 (was on sale for $16.99) so they adjusted the price down to $13.99 and I still got the gift card. At the end of it I have the remaining gift card to use on my next visit. I got all but Yellow Sub, Rubber Soul and Help (I have the mono box on the way and with my 87's of RS and Help I didn't bother getting them). Much cheaper for me that the box set....

9. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

When the cashier scanned 2 CDs, the register automatically triggered the $5 giftcard. The cashier was surprised every time she scanned 2 more CDs. :D

10. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

Yes. You don't even need to ask. They just pull one card out for every two you buy.
    I picked up RS, Revolver, WTB, AHDN. Including tax, $50.52-$10=$40.52.
    $10.13 per disc.

11. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Isn't Past Masters that comes with the mono set that same as the one you just bought?

12. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I just recieved the mono box. (Amazon) Bad packaging. (Just wrapped around cardboard, no box) Very Small Dent :shake: in left bottom corner corner. (looks like it was dropped by UPS or in handling. I'll live with it. Stereo box coming tomorrow. How to the soundz.. where to start?

13. fadingcaptain

fadingcaptain Active Member

I hate that. That would kill it for me. :mad:

14. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I'm thinking about taking back Abbey Road and exchanging it for Revolver. The thought of hearing "Because" annoys me.

I guess I'll wait until I hear the mono Revolver tomorrow. Maybe I won't need a stereo one.

15. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Who wants to be THAT kind of customer? Not me, I used to work retail, and we have words/names for those folks!
    Have ye no shame?

16. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

At Target I did mine is two trasnsactions. I bought the first 2, got my gift card, then used it for the next two and got one more gift card. I love the early CDs in stereo. Enjoying them very much.

17. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

The stereo AR is awesome, I'd think twice about that, just my humble opinion...;)

18. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

Past Masters is $12.99 on Best Buys website

19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Why? :confused:

20. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Because.

21. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

also at amazon.com

22. :rolleyes:

23. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

I had no problem getting the gift cards from Target. The CDs are in short supply. I went to two Target stores to get the CDs and still could not find Magical Mystery Tour. They sold fast in my area.

24. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

Totally agree with you. Both my Stereo and Mono boxes arrived today from Amazon.com. The stereo box is within a cardboard box and is protected. The Mono box was sitting on top of it under the thin cover of the shipping box with no other padding or protection. At least it was not damaged.

25. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

I think it's crazy that Target is so short on the releases... the local indie store I bought my mono box had at least 15 copies of EVERY album, and they had been selling a lot all day by the time I had gotten there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.