09/28/09 Madonna - Celebration

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Driver 8, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member Thread Starter

This may be too much to ask, but could the haters please go hate on Michael Jackson or something instead of derailing discussion of this upcoming compilation? :D

2. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

what a great idea for a thread topic!

i was trying to re-open the current locked one, as the new and improved scrubbed clean version...maybe they'll combine....

3. DJ WILBUR

my favorite post in the old thread was the article Marilynspickle posted

here is the link to the article at New York Magazine

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/58080/

they have a slide show of old magazine covers which is quite fun to click through over there as well as a really good article...

Attached Files:

4. EveryLittleThing

EveryLittleThing New Member

I'll be keeping tabs on this; I'm interested in the 3-disc package (2 CDs plus DVD). I'm assuming that they'll have to leave a few things off, and that a few tracks might be edited. Greatest Hits Vol. 2 has quite a few tracks listed as radio edits and such, although I don't know her catalog well enough to know if that's true, or if they were edits done just for the comp, like Paul Simon has been known to do. (Someone here would probably know, and will hopefully educate me.... :wave: )

Earlier I dug out The Immaculate Collection, Something To Remember, and GHV2 just for a refresher course, and it was quite an experience hearing her shift styles so drastically within just a three-hour span. (Although The Immaculate Collection sure leaves something to be desired sonically, thanks to the weird Q-sound processing.)

Oh, and I enjoyed that New York Magazine article, also. Anyone who hasn't read it yet (and isn't busy composing threadcraps... newsflash: I don't care what artists you hate, kthxbye :angel: ) should take a look.

5. Brian81

Brian81 Forum Resident

I have some of those magazines. At the height of my Madonna fanhood, I bought magazines where she was on the cover and at this point, I regret it - total waste of money. I need to unload everything except the music and videos.

6. DJ WILBUR

hmmmmmm...:confused:....I'm of the impression its a 2 cd set and the DVD is being sold separately? or maybe there is a version with the DVD included?

for such a huge release coming out very quickly, we know very little about it. I hope the intention is to make it a great release and not a rush "yeah I'm off the label release"...

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The press release quoted above makes it sound like two separate releases. They could make them available separately AND together, ala the U2 "Under a Blood Red Sky" set...

8. Driver 8

I believe the DVD is a separate release from the 2 CD set. I plan to buy both.

9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

It's up for pre-order at Amazon.com (both versions)

10. Driver 8

Still no tracklisting on Amazon, I see.

11. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Madonna - Celebration

This is a quote I found but cannot vouch for it's accuracy

"Going out with a bang, Madonna's tenure on Warner Brothers comes to a close with the release of Celebration a 2 CD set containing her hits going back to "Everybody" all the way through the title track, her new production with Paul Oakenfold. Madonna is revered as a clubland legend with a record 39 chart toppers on the Billboard Club Chart. Celebration will be released September 29th as both a single CD and a double CD set along with a DVD version containing videos that have never been released on DVD."

Simon :)

12. eriejwg

eriejwg Active Member

Will they be 45 versions?

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No idea - we don't even have a track list yet...

14. red corner

red corner Forum Resident

15. DJ WILBUR

16. red corner

red corner Forum Resident

I like it too, the tune is really addictive.

She went back to Confessions this time, and it reminds me of "Get Together" (which is certainly not a bad thing IMHO). Rumour has it that the video has been made in Milan on July 16th, they told it during a party with Dolce and Gabbana after her concert at the San Siro stadium. It seems that her daughter Lourdes Maria will appear for the first time on one of her videos, dressed like her mother during her "Like a Virgin" years.

17. DJ WILBUR

ah, that's a nice touch! thanks for the link...:righton:

18. DJ WILBUR

19. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

Madonna - Celebration is available on iTunes for purchase as of this morning.

20. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

One would hope so.. I've been working on and off on a needledrop version if The Immaculate Collection. Pehaps this one will render that project useless. :)

21. DJ WILBUR

haha, that makes 2 of us...up to 21 tracks so its not exactly that collection but 45 mixes off of promo 45s...some have remix edits as a b-side, not sure how rare those are....

22. eriejwg

eriejwg Active Member

If they issue all the 45 versions in one collection, then it indeed will be cause for CELEBRATION!

23. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I'm trying to follow the tracklist of TIC, but include stuff like "Starting a Commotion" that should have been on there in the first place.

The odd one is "Express Yourself." The single mix is different from the video mix, and I prefer the latter. I have to edit together various mixes to create the actual video mix.

24. MarilynsPickle

MarilynsPickle Forum Resident

Looks at though the DVD release is going to be a 2 disc affair as well!

- Celebration
    - Celebration (2 CDs)
    - Celebration (2 DVDs)
    - "Celebration" (single/EP)

25. DJ WILBUR

wow, you humble me, the dedication. hahaha....commotion is a cool song. my 45 has 2 versions both "remix" and both "edits" maybe of the 12" mixes? not sure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.