Good News for Fans of Carolyne Mas

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Johnny11758, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny11758

Johnny11758 Member Thread Starter

Carolyne's three Mercury albums from 1979-1981 will soon be available on CD on Renaissance Records.:righton:

Attached Files:

2. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

3. John22

John22 Forum Resident

It's good to read this information. I think she can use the royalty because she need some help for her "Our Animal Haus":
    http://www.carolynemas.com/

4. Carolyne Mas

Carolyne Mas New Member

Hi, it's Carolyne, and it's all true as I posted on my Facebook page. I found a letter from Renaissance Records' president John Edwards in my guest-book posts from my Web site that were awaiting approval, so I gave him a call on Friday.

I have actually never seen a penny from my music...ever...as I had several ruthless managers during the time when I was active. It sure would help my animal sanctuary to survive if I was able to have any kind of income from music.

I am posting this link http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=90734634069&id=637561082&ref=mf#/note.php?note_id=90734634069&id=637561082&ref=mf to a letter I posted on Facebook about my non-profit sanctuary Our Animal Haus, and how I ended up even starting it, along with lots of photos. We are DESPERATELY in need of donations as we recently ran into a landslide of financial difficulties which are also described in the letter.

On that page you will find my Tax ID/EIN, as well as my Articles of Incorporation. We have applied for a 501c3 status, but are still awaiting the paperwork back from the IRS, but you should be able to get everything you need to write off any donation you make now, by the time you file you taxes next year.

You can donate via PayPal, right into our business account that we have with them. You do not have to be a PayPal member to donate, and the payments are 100% secure. I have donate button on www.carolynemas.com, and on the sanctuary's page at www.ouranimalhaus.org, but that page is under construction. I just got a Web master, so that should be up and running soon, and I will be selling some of my things on there too, to raise money. You will also be able to sponsor certain animals, if you like.

Thanks for reading this, and for caring so much about my music, after so many years.

Much Love, Carolyne

Equipoise likes this.
  5. Johnny11758

Johnny11758 Member Thread Starter

You are cool. Carolyne.:righton:

6. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Wow,This is great news....I remember picking up her(your) first album and playing it a lot....a few years ago I did a needle drop of it and never thought I'd have the chance to hear any of these albums on CD. Can't wait,and thanks for the post Carolyne.

JF

7. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Carolyne, Hi from Danny at Peaches Seattle!! We talked a few years ago after I posted a question at your fan club site, glad to hear things are going better!!! I will donate, and pick up those CD's as soon as they come out!! Still remember building that display for the 1st LP at Peaches and winning a call from you and some other stuff (too long ago) . Should have been a hit, great record, but the ears were just not ready for it at radio. Your a great talent, and a thanks for looking out for our senior animal friends. We have a similar organization, Old Dog Haven, here in my town that we do a fund raiser for through the school I work at. Keep up the good work, Peace, Danny

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I'm reviving this thread as I've just only discovered her music. Actually I only discovered it about 20 minutes ago and I thought to myself I should check the Hoffman forum as I'm sure there must be one thread about her and I was right!

I'm definitely going to buy some rekkids or cds. Excellent stuff.

EDIT: Looks like it will be lps since the cds are OOP and not exactly that cheap. Renaissance Records also closed up shop in June.

9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

You MUST hear "Snow"...great non-holiday winter-theme song!

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - Mas Que Nada

10. John22

John22 Forum Resident

11. John22

John22 Forum Resident

Today I have received a newsletter:

Soon to be released is "CAROLYNE MAS The Vinyl Collection", the completely remastered Mercury recordings which were previously released on Mercury Records between 1979 and 1981. This includes the albums "Carolyne Mas", "Hold On", and "Modern Dreams" in their entirety. There has never been an official release of these precious vinyl recordings until now. WildCat Recordings will have the honor of releasing this very exciting CD.

They will be pressing this deluxe double CD set on vinyl CDs that look, and feel, like real vinyl records. The first 100 copies will be individually signed by myself, and are guaranteed to be future collectibles!

WildCat Recordings will be announcing the release soon, and will be taking advance orders as only 400 of the vinyl style CDs will be made. After that, the album will be pressed on regular CDs...

Cover:
    http://www.picfront.de/d/8hNW

12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

^^ Thanks for the heads up!

Eddie

13. clairehuxtable

clairehuxtable Forum Resident

I think the "Quote Goodbye Quote" single may have had the most success in Canada - maybe that's why you thought that. I had the 45 and remember it getting a fair amount of play on CHUM-AM & CFNY-FM here in Toronto, but don't think it charted in the US or UK. "Stillsane" was pretty popular also.

14. John22

John22 Forum Resident

Carolyne Mas sells a 50 minute video concert from Toronto:
    "THE BATHURST THEATRE DECEMBER 15, 1979, AND BROADCAST ON CHUM-FM AND CITY-TV"
    with these songs:
    "SADIE SAYS, SITTIN' IN THE DARK, DO YOU BELIEVE I LOVE YOU, GO AHEAD AND CRY NOW, STILLSANE, BABY PLEASE, QUOTE GOODBYE QUOTE"

See her website.

15. John22

John22 Forum Resident

16. Frank G

Frank G Forum Resident

Oh, sure, break your silence for Carolyne! What about your old friends who kept you afloat all those years? Well, humph to you!

Frank G

17. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Those first two albums are absolute classics! I have a 3-CDr/1-DVDr (Promo videos 1979 and German TV concert) from her fan club from 1997.

She had some success in Germany and released a few albums there: "Mas Hysteria" (live radio broadcast album from 1980); "Action Pact" (1989); "Live" (double-live CD, 1992); and "Reason Street" (1993). "Reason Street" was especially terrific, I thought.

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Mas Hysteria (live) is available as a FREE download through her website.

I see that the first 3 albums on 2 CDs is being limited to 50 copies (!) I wonder if this mastered from tapes, or vinyl. If it's from tapes, I'd buy it...

19. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

I'm also wondering about the source for this set...I would love to have this if it was from tapes...
    I also wonder why only the download is payable through paypal. strange.
    But I do need to find out more about the source for this set.....50 copies is not many(no kidding!!!)

JF

20. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I agree with Dillydipper that "Snow" is an amazing song (and performance). I always hoped Bette Midler would record it when she was going through her "rock phase".

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Got an email from Caroline Mas: This is not from the master tapes because she doesn't have access...Too bad...

22. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I can't get the buy it button to work!

23. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Are you using the link on this page? http://www.wildcatrecords.com/mas/

I just tried and it worked for me (using firefox).

Eddie

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You saw these are vinyl rips, right...?

Just checking...

25. John22

John22 Forum Resident

zebop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.