Exciting Rolling Stones News!!! "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" 40th anniversary Coming in Nov.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MHP, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll Thread Starter

As part of an official press release from Universal Music :

"We are very pleased to announce the reissue of the classic Rolling Stones hits collection “Jump Back: The Best Of The Rolling Stones 1971-1993” internationally for 17th August 2009.

The album was originally released in 1993 and has now been re-mastered in line with the rest of the group’s post-1971 studio recordings.

This definitive collection gathers eighteen of the group’s classics from the seventies and eighties, such as the Transatlantic Top Ten hits Tumbling Dice, Fool To Cry, Emotional Rescue and the much-loved Start Me Up. It also includes the ultimate rock anthem Brown Sugar, the ballad Angie and the dance-flavoured Miss You, three US number one singles in wildly different styles, a testament to the band’s versatility, creativity and lasting appeal.

“JUMP BACK” KEY FEATURES:

Re-mastered in line with the rest of the group’s post-1971 studio recordings
    gathers eighteen of the group’s classics from the seventies and eighties
    Jump Back retains the original packaging of the 1993 edition and comes complete with a 12-page illustrated booklet featuring comments and observations by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards about the eighteen tracks included, offering fans a rare insight into the workings of the band
    Jump Back will also be available digitally

FORTHCOMING “THE ROLLING STONES” RELEASES FOR 2009 (tbc):

3rd BATCH REMASTERS July 13th
    5 more titles: Dirty Work / Steel Wheels / Voodoo Lounge / Bridges To Babylon / A Bigger Bang

THE ROLLING STONES LIVE AT THE MAX DVD September (tbc)
    The ‘Live (At The Max)’ film follows performances from the spectacular Steel Wheels tour which has its 20th anniversary this year. Shot on the 'IMAX' in London, Berlin and Turin, this is a classic recording was filmed in 1990 on the European leg of their tour, capturing the Stones at their best. DVD will also feature a 35 minute tour documentary.

GET YER YA YA’S OUT 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION November (tbc)
    40th Anniversary special edition multi format release – including the entire concert for the first time ever (incl. support acts B.B. King + Ike & Tina Turner), 5 unreleased tracks as an extra EP and a DVD with never before seen footage & extras.

EXILE ON MAIN STREET 2010 tbc
    As communicated earlier – now to be released early 2010 in multi formats as part of wider plans for this title."

2. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Cool. Any Mick Taylor era Stones is welcome. Wonder what they will add to the Exile reissue.

3. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

This IMHO has been the best year for releases in...well, it's been a long time. Great news! :righton:

4. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Does the complete Ya-Yas release mean that Sir Mick has finally had an attitude adjustment about his past?

Oh yeah, and will it be in a Digipak or a jewel case?

Any links to the original press release?

Cheers, Michael

5. jacksondownunda

jacksondownunda Forum Resident

Wow. Hard to believe we'd finally get that whole double album (King, Turner), but I'll be there!

6. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Just bring on Exile . . .

7. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Maybe they'll go all Neil Young on us and give this the blu-ray treatment.

Stevie

8. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Awesome. But, isn't this album property of Abkco?

9. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Dave nails it. Unless this is another joint venture between Klein & Mick, like Forty Licks? That could make sense if Universal owns the rights to Ike & Tina and B.B.'s stuff.

What songs from the Stones' '69 set didn't make Ya-Yas? Off the top of my head, I'm coming up with Under My Thumb/I'm Free and Prodigal Son, plus The Sun Is Shining and Brown Sugar from Altamont. Any other one-offs or set regulars I'm forgetting?

10. Joe Shlabotnik

Joe Shlabotnik Formerly dickvin

That the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. If an agreement been worked between the Stones and Allen Klein this could be the start of something big.

11. motorcitydave

Yeah. I mean it's not a big deal but I'm just curious.

12. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll Thread Starter

ABKCO's distributors are Universal.
    The Stones new label Polydor is also under Universal.

13. motorcitydave

Interesting.

14. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Sounds exciting, but what does "the entire concert" mean? The original album was culled from a number of different shows, with many tracks later overdubbed.

15. Pdog

Pdog Forum Resident

For us die hards, sounds like a deluxe type of thing... for those who are casual, the wording is to sell it... the semantics of selling. They won't advertise over-dubs and edits. I'm still excited, even with the over-dubs Ya Ya's is a great listen...

16. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Any info on a vinyl release??

17. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

They were at the top of their game for Ya Ya's.

18. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

I agree, what does "entire concert" really mean? Parts of Ya Yas came from the Baltimore show, IIRC.

If this is a DVD, does that mean we get all of MSG '69 from the Maysles Brothers footage?

The typical 1969 setlist was:

1."Jumpin' Jack Flash"
    2."Carol"
    3."Sympathy for the Devil"
    4."Stray Cat Blues"
    5."Love in Vain"
    6."Prodigal Son"
    7."You Gotta Move"
    8."Under My Thumb"
    9."I'm Free"
    10."Midnight Rambler"
    11."Live With Me"
    12."Little Queenie"
    13."(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
    14."Honky Tonk Women"
    15."Street Fighting Man"

So the missing tracks from Ya Yas were:

Prodigal Son
    You Got To Move
    Under My Thumb
    I'm Free
    Satisfaction

19. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

You've Gotta Move (usually followed Prodigal Son)
    Gimmie Shelter
    Satisfaction

..off the top of my head.

20. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

Gimme Shelter was performed at a handful of shows in 1969, but was not performed in New York City, which is likely what the DVD in this new reissue will show.

The 1969 tour setlists are here:

http://www.frayed.org/stones/index.html

21. GregorSamsa

GregorSamsa Forum Resident

Nice! I've always wanted to hear 'Paint It Black, you DEVILS!" in higher resolution. :D

22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

GET YER YA YA’S OUT 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION November (tbc)
    40th Anniversary special edition multi format release – including the entire concert for the first time ever (incl. support acts B.B. King + Ike & Tina Turner), 5 unreleased tracks as an extra EP and a DVD with never before seen footage & extras.

Maybe those 5 unreleased tracks on the EP will be the ones posted already:

So the missing tracks from Ya Yas were:

Prodigal Son
    You Got To Move
    Under My Thumb
    I'm Free
    Satisfaction

But the press release does NOT say if the full concert will be on CD, DVD, both, a mixture of the two, or... So we definitely need more exact info on this. Arnie

23. Bruce

Bruce Senior Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

24. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Great news. I wonder what the multi-formats for Exile will be.

25. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

maybe it will be a full set of what they were doing on that tour. terry reid also opened on this tour. i wonder if his portion is around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.