What are you gonna do when the Beatles Remasters suck?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drexler_McStyles, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drexler_McStyles

Drexler_McStyles Active Member Thread Starter

I can understand the excitement about these coming out because they are certainly long over due. But lets be realistic, these are going to be badly compressed CD's. The best you can hope for is that mastering wise they will be something like the Rolling Stones Abko/Virgin remasters. Which are not great, but not awful. However I doubt that if a similar type mastering is done with the Beatles catalog that most people here will be happy with them. These simply are not going to have a MFSL type mastering, which is the only thing that would make Audiophiles happy.
    That being said, it will be interesting to see how quickly the much maligned 1987 CD's are going to become the "definitive" versions to have. Of course there will be the Mono Box, which sounds like it wont have as much compression as the stereo versions. Unfortunately these discs wont be sold separately, and I am sure not going to spend $200+ for a set that has a bunch of albums I have no interest in. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesnt have the money to blow on this box. I guess my point is that people are getting so excited about a release that they are most definitely going to be disappointed in. And in the back of their minds they must know this. So why get yourself so worked up?

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You must be fun at parties... :rolleyes:

3. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

Dear God...

4. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Geez, I get flamed for being 1/100th as negative as you.

5. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

maybe you should change your user name to Debbie Downer.

6. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

What is going on with this forum???

7. phish

phish Jack Your Body

....hope you got the letter and i pray we can make it better down here...."

XTC

8. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Huh? Beatles Remasters? :confused:

9. jmrife

jmrife Wife. Kids. Grandkids. Dog. Music.

You are just wrong. You can already pre-order individual titles on several sites.

And I am sorry you don't have the money. But what part of "I'll bet those grapes are sour anyway" are you unfamiliar with?

Maybe your "quiet desperation" is not yet quiet enough.:)

10. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

haha I was just gonna say that... you beat me to it!

11. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Drexler must lead a life of quiet desperation. :D

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Your wife must be so happy with your positive outlook on life! :wave:

Evan

13. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Say "I told you so?"

It's a good question--- there's no doubt that not everyone is going to be satisfied with them, it's still quite possible that the release date could be pushed back for who knows what reason, and when they are on sale, I'm sure they will be dissected like a frog in biology class.

Some of us are more cynical about it than others. Steve Hoffman, IIRC, was of the opinion that the later Beatles albums might be as good as they are going to get with the current issues. No matter what anybody says, it's still mostly conjecture until we have them in hand and the board will be spinning 24/7 then....I hope the servers here can handle it.

14. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

Wah...wah.....

Attached Files:

15. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Sigh.

16. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Dude, have you been living in a cave? There's about a gajillion threads/posts already addressing this. If any part of your question is serious, go back and read them...

17. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

While certainly possible...I will keep my non-remastered cds!

18. jspaceman

jspaceman floating in space

The OP was referring to the mono versions when he stated they won't be available individually.
    So no, he isn't wrong.

19. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

Apple probably figured anybody who is interested in the mono albums probably already has some or all of them from needledrops, etc, so they are going to make us pay for the whole catalog if we want mono, not individually. Or at least for a little while......til the hardcore have forked over the $$$.

20. What am I gonna do? Why, walk right up to Paul McCartney and punch him in the nose. Obviously.

21. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

What a worthless thread. A complete waste of time. I hope it gets deleted.

:rolleyes:

What's next? What do you do when the filet mignon you order is terrible? And of course it will be.

22. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

What are you gonna do when the Beatles Remasters suck?

Kill myself. What else?

:goodie:

23. Masmusic

Masmusic Compact Discs Forever!

Going to laugh at all the people on this forum, who ran out to buy them! LOL!!!

24. Drexler_McStyles

Drexler_McStyles Active Member Thread Starter

Of course if I'm not dripping with glee over these remaster I'm some miserable loner who hates the world.

I just know how anal many people on this site are and yet there are 75 threads talking about how fantastic these remasters are going to do. Why kid yourself when you know what modern remasters are like?

25. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

I'll send mine to Ringo to autograph. Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.