Worst drummer of all time

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Beagle, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member Thread Starter

Bev Bevan of ELO. No contest. Just plods along, thumps across the toms like a two year old, no pocket, and no sense of rhythm. Makes Brian Forster look like Neil Peart. Made a rhythm box sound like Vinnie Colaiuta. Saw him live, pathetically trying to do Sandy Nelson "Let There Be Drums". It was a sad joke.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No, no, no. That guy in the Troggs. Didn't you ever hear that famous "outtake" tape?

3. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I don't know if he's the worst, but I've never been a huge Mick Fleetwood fan, either.

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I dunno about that....Black Sabbath picked Bev Bevan to replace Vinny Appice for one of their tours.....I think when Gillan was in Sabbath....his nickname in Birmingham was The Basher because he hit the drums so hard.
    I think the problem might lie in the way Jeff Lynne records the drums than in Bevan's ability.

I pick John Densmore!

5. Matt

Matt New Member

Hard to say, since you'd have to search and expose yourself to possibly the worst music ever recorded (and lord knows how much of that has since fallen into complete obscurity).

How about Michael Clarke of the Byrds or maybe Ken Coomer of Uncle Tupelo/Wilco? Coomer's actually not that bad, but on most of the records he was on, he seemed kind of boring.

6. Highway Star

Highway Star New Member

Damn, I coulda played drums for ELO! Because I just plodded along thumping across the toms like a 2 year old with no sense of rhythm when I gave drumming a try 30 years ago. And I don't know what in the hell a pocket is.:laugh:

7. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I found that tape in Toronto at the Chalet. There was a tape in the vault labeled The Troggs so I put it on the machine. Sure enough, dubba dubba dubba chubb! It had the splices and everything in it. The guy that recorded that should have a special place in the R-N-R Hall Of Fame.

Oh yea, I made a DAT copy of it. How about that? A first generation copy of a bootleg!:laugh:

8. Dave D

Dave D Done!

And if ANYONE says Ringo....I will be on the first Air Canada flight (unless they go bankrupt) to YOUR home, where I will pull out every chest hair with a pair of tweezers!!!!!

9. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Oh yea... worst drummer.

Mick Fleetwood, Carl (8th note fill) Palmer, Phil Ehart and finally, Mick Fleetwood (deserves two places here).

10. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

And I'll be right next to him pointing at your girly body and laughing at your funny clothes.

11. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Eric Singer (Sabbath-Kiss)

12. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Great singing voice though!

13. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Aint got no chest hair.

Ringo ... was great! :) Still is, actally........

14. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Re: Re: Worst drummer of all time

What's wrong with John Densmore???

Chris

15. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

16. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I guess I missed this story, what's on the tape Steve?

17. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member Thread Starter

Oh yeah!

"We're not asking you to change it much. Split yer hands so's that one beat is just on that floor skin tom, and the bang wherever you want it"

I got that on the b-side of a DJM 12", with three Troggs hits on the a-side.
    Gus Dudgeon's engineer during the late 70's, Stuart Epps, was apparently the engineer that night.

18. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

What song were thay recording?

19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I never cared for Carmine Appice...

20. Steve Hoffman

Some crappy one.

"Sprinkle some fu*kin' fairy dust over the bastard!"

I've used that line many times in the studio.

Tyler, this is a "snuck" tape of the Troggs arguing in the studio and struggling to get ANYTHING of value down on tape. At once funny and painful to listen to.

I think Rhino had it as a bonus disc with their Troggs package, correct?

21. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

Micky Dolenz had a strange technique on the video of Last Train to Clarksville ;) :) :laugh:

All the best - Andrew

22. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

He's not bad. He's a very solid drummer.

23. Rob LoVerde

Rob LoVerde New Member

Youse guys don't like Mick Fleetwood? I won't even get started, cause then I won't stop...

24. Steve Hoffman

I love Mick Fleetwood.

In fact all of the drummers here are fine (except Michael Clarke of The Byrds). :)

World's Worst Drummer? C'mon. Not even close.

Someone who slows down in the middle of a song like Michael Clarke or Charlie Watts.....

25. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

My main complaint with Mick is he's just boring. Out of all the people in Fleetwood Mac he's the drummer. That's all I have to say about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.